Found moisture in 50cal can, almost 200 rounds of ZQI appears wasted, pour one out for the homies

Dryer sheets help with tumbling.

I have found ammo cans that leak. I was going to use one for a quench container. Filled with oil. Only to come back later to find it leaking out the bottom. The can that those had been in is leaking. That is a lot of mold. Which means the moisture in there was very high. I am willing to bet if you put water in the can. It will leak out.

That is not mold, it is "verdigris". You'll find it on most any copper or brass.

That is not mold, it is "verdigris". You'll find it on most any copper or brass.

Pretty sure there is mold on the cardboard boxes in the OP.

That is an insane amount of moisture. Is that water dripping down the back of the can in that picture?

Makes me want to check/repack my ammo cans with no cardboard boxes.

999999-67140700719.jpg

Tear off the flap with the lot number and stick it inside. Now you know what you've stored, and can increase packing efficiency. Each bag can hold 200 rounds of 9 or 100 of 223... I'm told.

Pretty sure there is mold on the cardboard boxes in the OP.

That is an insane amount of moisture. Is that water dripping down the back of the can in that picture?

yeah, it looked a bit too damp for just a condensate. and mold likes that.

Correct, but with the advent of Amazon and actual online competitors, and phones functionally working, TI's cost the same (read: less with inflation) than when I got mine in 2003.
HP48G was great but seriously expensive.
Mine finally quit 20+ years later when my kids were using it for school.

Now you can get an emulator for your phone

HP48G was great but seriously expensive.
Mine finally quit 20+ years later when my kids were using it for school.

Now you can get an emulator for your phone

I still have my TI-59 from grad school kicking around someplace. The magnetic strips were problematic, but the insert modules worked fine and it was a workhorse back in the day.

I still carry this one. 40 years old, fits cleanly in a shirt pocket, evaluates 1+2*3 correctly (7), far more accurate on the buttons than on a phone screen, and trying to match the feature set these days gives you something twice the volume and 8 times the weight.

IMG_2315.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, there was a puddle in the bottom of the can and moisture running down the sides. I've already gone through the rest of my cans and none of the others had moisture. A mix of original boxes and zip lock bags.

I have a spreadsheet that lists out what I have. Always look at it and shrug my shoulders. Actually touching it and inspecting? Different story and it felt like Christmas and my birthday rolled into one.

Any recommendations for a dry tumbler?

Is it?

Last I heard, you still can't use a calculator with a QWERTY keyboard on the SATs. I doubt they'll let you use one with an internet connection.

SATs nor ACTs no longer required for college admissions (there is probably some school somewhere so NES no need to point out the exceptions)

I still have my TI-59 from grad school kicking around someplace. The magnetic strips were problematic, but the insert modules worked fine and it was a workhorse back in the day.

I still carry this one. 40 years old, fits cleanly in a shirt pocket, evaluates 1+2*3 correctly (7), far more accurate on the buttons than on a phone screen, and trying to match the feature set these days gives you something twice the volume and 8 times the weight.

View attachment 734391

Holy shit! I had that one and loved it! Wonder what happened to it . . .

Had amazon deliver a dry tumbler today. Running 40 rounds through it now. Dog hates the noise, probably should have run it in the basement.
make sure to add some metal polish into the tumbling media mix. does not have to be much at al but works wonderfully.

make sure to add some metal polish into the tumbling media mix. does not have to be much at al but works wonderfully.

For now, I just want to knock the rough stuff off. Will make sure they feed properly and go bang when I pull the trigger. If the first couple batches work out, I'll pick up more media and try getting them shiny again, maybe add some polish to the mix.

So far nothing has gone bang in the tumbler.

For now, I just want to knock the rough stuff off. Will make sure they feed properly and go bang when I pull the trigger. If the first couple batches work out, I'll pick up more media and try getting them shiny again, maybe add some polish to the mix.

So far nothing has gone bang in the tumbler.
u shoot em ammo after u tumbler em yet? from what i heard is that people got their gun blown up because the powder in the ammo some how become a really fine powder from running through the tumbler machine (or maybe this could be lie and bullshit that people tell me just to mess with me lol). any way can you like rig your gun in a shooting sled and use a string to pull the trigger,just incase gun blown up( safety first man).

Back
Top Bottom