Found an old model 6

I was cleaning out my father in laws stuff after he passed and found a an old model 6 Remington 32 short or long. Basically I want to have it restored anybody have any suggestions.

.32 long can still be found, though you're better off reloading. Some people reload it and make it cost as much as a .22 lr to shoot. Either way get it checked out to make sure it's safe to fire. The breech block on the 6s is not very sturdy and will be the deciding factor.

I def want someone to go over the hole thing. My father in law just died a few months back, and finding this is incredible. I want it in working condition and all restored for my son.

You could probably have it re chambered in 32-20 nice cartridge oh we need pics.

A #6. Isn't that where you come'a ridin into town, a whumpin a'na whoopin??? I usually show up later for the #6 Dance.

If you really feel the need to clean it up, get some bronze or really fine steel wool, hand rub it with either 3 in 1 oil or a gun oil of your choice just to remove and halt the corrosion. Other than that I wouldn’t restore anything.

DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL.!! Use only copper wool and a quality penetrating oil. Patience is really a virtue when you're cleaning up a gun like this.

It looks like this gun should clean right up. JUST DON'T USE STEEL WOOL TO DO IT.

I have an old ballard I converted from 32 long rimfire to 32 long colt I'm now planning on re chambering to 32-20 to get a little more zip.but if go from 32rimfire to 32colt you can use the the same chamber.the hardest part is converting the block to centerfire which isnt terribly hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom