• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Found ammo and reloading stuff

richc

NES Member
Traveling back from Nova Scotia we crossed the border in Calais, Maine. This town likely would not exist except for US and Canadian Customs locations.

The True Value Hardware store there sells firearms and ammo. I drove up shortly after closing and found the doors locked. As we were walking back to the car the owner drove up and asked if there was anything he could help us with. So we went in.

He had lots of ammo. Most of it was rifle and shotgun, but he did have a decent amount of pistol as well. And, cha-ching, he had reloading supplies. Not a lot, mind you, but I picked up powder and bullets and PRIMERS! And there are some left. He also had .223 and 7.62x39. Prices were not great, but not terrible either. I picked up some .223 and some .45 cal defensive at OK prices.

The bad news is this place is in the middle of no where. Go to Bangor and then drive another 90 miles north on Route 9.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=17678770356717288291

But if you are in the neighborhood check him out. As he put it, he is located in one of the most economically depressed areas in the US and folks there tend not to stock up. And it is not a place most people would stop thinking he had these types of supplies. Google was my friend in finding this place.

Cheers,

Rich

p.s. Interesting... for the first time at a border crossing I was pulled aside. I'm thinking it is because I have a 15 year old girl, a family friend, traveling with us for the vacation. Obviously her passport has a different name and I'm thinking they want to investigate further. Or because of the dog in the back. Nope... they were looking for fruits and vegetables. Couldn't they tell by looking at my physique there was not likely a fruit or vegetable in the damn car! They did carefully check out our snack back full of Doritos and Gold Fish snacks to make sure there was nothing healthy on board!

Back
Top Bottom