• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Found a bunch of 22 ammo today!

Is this an "out yourself" thread?

I cannot tell just yet.

Please let me know and I shall subscribe. Thanks!

The same place people are saying is gouging is also selling 9mm brass TMJ for $16.50 a box. Aside from Winchester white box that's the lowest I've seen in a while that's not metal case.

My local Walmart keeps getting it in but it's the one caliber people are still lining up for in the morning. They had actually removed the 3-box limit for a couple weeks, which was nice, and they just put it back because some Gun Broker scalper (no doubt) bought up 50 boxes of .22 when they didn't have the limit.

That's cool. As I mentioned there are no Walmarts down here that carry ammo. Outer Limits has a good selection of all pistol calibers from what I've seen. Place is def worth checking out.

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

At the Marlborough Gun Show today, it was $60/brick for Geco and $110/brick for Remington/Eley Match Grade. Cases of 5000 rounds were available at 10x the brick cost. Plenty to be had, if you could stomach the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele
"That's cool. As I mentioned there are no Walmarts down here that carry ammo.
Outer Limits has a good selection of all pistol calibers from what I've seen.
Place is def worth checking out".

Yes they do but.... Plymouth isn't just a town or two away. The $17 dollars
it cost me for the gas cancels out any savings on three boxes of ammo so in the end I'd spend the
same but waste more time driving further. If there wasn't a box limit then
it would be worth a trip.

You can find good 22lr at somewhat normal prices still. Im not sure what is up with these crazy prices people are quoting. Packs of Fed 525 can still be had for mid $20's along with other brands. Stop shopping at these places.

You can find good 22lr at somewhat normal prices still. Im not sure what is up with these crazy prices people are quoting. Packs of Fed 525 can still be had for mid $20's along with other brands. Stop shopping at these places.

Walmart's prices on .22lr are totally reasonable... they just don't have any at all... ever...

When I got American Eagle 40gr LRN the other day it was $0.05/round but that was the only time they've had .22 in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele
"That's cool. As I mentioned there are no Walmarts down here that carry ammo.
Outer Limits has a good selection of all pistol calibers from what I've seen.
Place is def worth checking out".

Yes they do but.... Plymouth isn't just a town or two away. The $17 dollars
it cost me for the gas cancels out any savings on three boxes of ammo so in the end I'd spend the
same but waste more time driving further. If there wasn't a box limit then
it would be worth a trip.

Seventeen bucks round trip for fuel? Glad mine gets about 45mpg with snow tires, 48+ without [smile]

Walpole and Raynham carry ammo.

That's cool. As I mentioned there are no Walmarts down here that carry ammo. Outer Limits has a good selection of all pistol calibers from what I've seen. Place is def worth checking out.

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

The usuals. Bass, Dicks or Four Seasons. When I'm running low I just call these places on a somewhat regular basis. Eventually they get bulk packs and you just have to be ready to get there ASAP. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Walpole and Raynham carry ammo.

Yes they do. Looking for 9mm. Raynham has Fed. 50/box for 14.77. Outer Limits
had (not sure if they still do) Pierce for 16.50 a box. Difference of $1.73 a box.
Again, would lose the savings in the gas tank. Doesn't make sense.

Just have you nose on the glass at Walmart at 7am when they open and if they got any buy your 3 boxes, go outside, change your coat and go back in for 3 more. Tell them your twin brother called you
Dave

I was at Riley's on Monday and they didn't have any bulk .22, just 50 round boxes of Blazer and it was $2.35 a box if I remember correctly. I went down the street to Shooter Outpost and they had Federal 525 round boxes for $35? Don't quote me on that I was in a rush to get back home for a class and spent too much time drooling in Riley's.

I call Dick's most days and ask if they have any 22 ammo. This morning I was told they had 2 boxes. So I stopped by on the way to work and picked up 1 'box' of 2000 Winchester M-22 for $119.99. Seemed like a reasonable price compared to what was listed out there on the web although it's not the best quality in the world...

I call Dick's most days and ask if they have any 22 ammo. This morning I was told they had 2 boxes. So I stopped by on the way to work and picked up 1 'box' of 2000 Winchester M-22 for $119.99. Seemed like a reasonable price compared to what was listed out there on the web although it's not the best quality in the world...

Last Friday they said they had 2 boxes and 6 of the Rem Golden Bullets and that they wouldn't sell them until 5 PM, my wife was there at 4:40 and he had already sold them. i think they are annoyed with us calling all day long and he was screwing me us.

Sorry for your bad experience, Steven. The guys @ Dick's in Leominster are pretty great telling me to call on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday in the morning. That's when the trucks arrive (at least this week, according to somebody I talked to 2 @ Dick's via the telephone) However, I feel that we are sometimes at the mercy of the store clerks. What's to prevent some clerk from stating they are sold out when they are really holding on to the product for their buddies? I got no 'ins' with these guys so props to the guys in Leominster.

Just for shits and giggles I went to the Plymouth's Dick's at lunch today, something I never do but we were slow and I needed break, I almost keeled over when I looked at the shelf and seen a few bricks of 22LR for 22 bucks, I snatched up a box quicker than a jack rabbit in the thorn bushes ~

Tim [grin]

Back
Top Bottom