Found a bunch of 22 ammo today!

Outer Limits Proshop in Holbrook............

Went down to just browse today, and they had just gotten in a boat load of various ammo. They had 22, I only bought a box but there was quite a bit left. I did not take notice on alot of the prices because I reload for most of my guns, but the guy at the counter said all the ammo/gun alerts are posted on the Facebook page. Link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Outer-Limits-Pro-Shop/296235073824160

At $55.00 a brick, plus tax, seriously !!!!
I'd rather sell my .22 before I pay $.11 a round.

If we are talking a 500 round brick then $55 doesn't seem that outrageous. It is definitely a lot cheaper then some of the so called "deals" in the classifieds right now. I know you guys keep talking about how it was, well I wasn't around then but I am now, and it isn't like that now. I know you were probably joking but the reality is if you want to shoot I guess we have to pay or sell or .22's and get something else. So far the best I have found is the occasional cci 100 rounds at walmart for $7.50. I have found this deal only twice in the past 2 months. Now when you factor in all the gas money, time wasted not to mention all the headaches involved dealing with walmart employees I would rather drive to a location, pay $55 for a brick and be done with it.

Believe me.........I hope and wish things get back to "normal" (actually for me, this is normal) but until then..................gotta do, whatcha gotta do!

No, thats a ridiculous price even in this market.

The classified ads should never be used as a barometer to gauge fair price points.

...and yeah I know, free market. So I won't be purchasing...crooks.

At $55.00 a brick, plus tax, seriously !!!!
I'd rather sell my .22 before I pay $.11 a round.

Well, at least it is Aguila, Ely primed ammo. Very nice stuff and always a lot more expensive than the Rem Golden Bullets, Fed bulk packs, etc. IIRC, the SV Aquila from CMP (with shipping) is ~$300/5K however there is a 6-12 month backlog and CMP said that the new prices WILL be higher when they get it in.

This shop is very likely a very low volume shop and thus doesn't likely get the price breaks that a place like Four Seasons gets.

They are a low volume shop and sort of hidden too. They just opened - last year maybe. Don't think too
many people know about them yet. I bought some 9mm, .38 special, and .45 from them today and
they have quite a bit more left. Prices are higher than Walmart yes but there
are no Walmarts around this immediate area that carry ammunition so I don't think I did too bad.

supply vs. demand.

supply is low, demand is high. causes price inflation on anything. ammo component prices have gone up. get used to it these prices will stay.

I hate .22 its boring to shoot in my opinion.

I just got notified by one of my friendly online companies that they have Federal .22's. I had to buy a case of 5000, but the price, including shipping works out to just less than $23 for a brick of 500. Which is more than what I have ever paid for .22's, but it is definitely a lot cheaper than $55/brick. Don't give up brothers and sisters, there is still hope. Me, I will be set for .22 ammo for quite a while.
Sorry Martha and company, not going to tell you who it is [laugh2]. Don't bother PM'ing me, they sold out already.

I just got notified by one of my friendly online companies that they have Federal .22's. I had to buy a case of 5000, but the price, including shipping works out to just less than $23 for a brick of 500. Which is more than what I have ever paid for .22's, but it is definitely a lot cheaper than $55/brick. Don't give up brothers and sisters, there is still hope. Me, I will be set for .22 ammo for quite a while.
Sorry Martha and company, not going to tell you who it is [laugh2]. Don't bother PM'ing me, they sold out already.

Why post this? [hmmm]
White Feather

Why? There are deals out there. I for one appreciate the information. He didn't give out any vendors info...

Thankfully he didn't post the dealer's name. I got a deal. You didn't. Even if you knew where I bought it, there is no more for you. Priceless information. [grin] Not even jealous. Gives me hope for the future.
White Feather

Riley's in hooksett had boxes of 50 rds for 11.95. They told me the price and I quickly walked right out the door without buying anything.

What was it? Eley, RWS, Lapua (and others) make .22 that sells for $15 - $19 + for 50. Might have been a deal.
White Feather

Why? There are deals out there. I for one appreciate the information. He didn't give out any vendors info...

This is exactly why I posted that I found a deal, not to gloat. So the next time someone tells you $55 for a brick of .22's is the "new normal", tell them they are wrong. You have to be persistent and patient.
I realize some of the local shops can't buy enough to get a bulk discount like the big stores. But, let's be real here, the cost of components has not increased from around $20/brick in Sept of 2012, the last time I bought .22's, to $55/brick 15 months later. Supply and demand is one thing, but this smells like gouging.

So......this guy goes on a public forum known to be "watched" with a haverhill MA location in his avatar block and outs himself on getting ammo shipped to massachusetts online......and calls out martha by name.

Wow......just wow.

This is exactly why I posted that I found a deal, not to gloat. So the next time someone tells you $55 for a brick of .22's is the "new normal", tell them they are wrong. You have to be persistent and patient.
I realize some of the local shops can't buy enough to get a bulk discount like the big stores. But, let's be real here, the cost of components has not increased from around $20/brick in Sept of 2012, the last time I bought .22's, to $55/brick 15 months later. Supply and demand is one thing, but this smells like gouging.

No......its not. It is just simple supply and demand. As long as there are idiots out there paying $55 a brick guess what.......they'll charge $55 a brick. Its simple......basic......economics. That is all.

So......this guy goes on a public forum known to be "watched" with a haverhill MA location in his avatar block and outs himself on getting ammo shipped to massachusetts online......and calls out martha by name.

Wow......just wow.

Show me the law that says it is illegal to have ammo shipped to MA. Martha and company only harass those companies with letters and threats.

Wow......just wow.

+ this. afajvan, I didn't feel like typing on my phone so I was kind of short with you earlier. You didn't post the name of the dealer and for that I give you credit. "Normal" prices are what most people are willing to pay. $55.00 may be "normal" for some people who are happy to get any ammo at all. "Great deals" are significantly cheaper than this. Apparently, you got a "great deal". Since it is not available to anyone else, this information is not especially useful except to tell us that there are still "great deals" to be had if you look carefully.

Here is a link to a thread started by 55-grain :
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ighlight=companies+that+ship+to+massachusetts

icon1.png
Who talked?

So... an online distributing company that has good ammo prices and has previously shipped to MA just cancelled my order because "the AG has threatened prosecution of companies that ship ammo to Mass" according to my voicemail.

Nice going, guys.
[angry]

IF there are ANY dealers who will ship ammo and components to Massachusetts today, it would be nice to be able to buy from them tomorrow. Keeping it under the radar makes more sense than calling the ag out.

White Feather

Show me the law that says it is illegal to have ammo shipped to MA. Martha and company only harass those companies with letters and threats.

I know! That was precicely my point thanks for proving it. ANd said companies that do ship to mass get letters and threats and believe them and then guess what......they stop shipping to massachusetts. I get that you didn't state the company but IMO just keep it to yourself and enjoy your new found "distributor".

Found Federal Target 22lr 325 packs for $20 today at BPS in Foxboro. It's the stuff in the white and black box. There was a rack full. Two box limit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom