Forum Update

How do you destroy quotations of people you quoted in a post? Like I can nuke the text but I can't completely edit the quote out. This causes some weird stuff to happen.

ETA: I think I figured it out, theres a TOGGLE BB CODE button which exposes the guts of the post....

Last edited:
How do you destroy quotations of people you quoted in a post? Like I can nuke the text but I can't completely edit the quote out. This causes some weird stuff to happen.

ETA: I think I figured it out, theres a TOGGLE BB CODE button which exposes the guts of the post.... HUH WHAT????

Did this have anything to do with the Nashville bombing of the AT&T data hub...?
'cause it feels like it did...

Did this have anything to do with the Nashville bombing of the AT&T data hub...?
'cause it feels like it did...

I am not quite sure how you're drawing any connection to that. Some of you guys have your tinfoil hats on a bit too tight 😀

This has been in the works for ~3 months now.

I am not quite sure how you're drawing any connection to that. Some of you guys have your tinfoil hats on a bit too tight 😀

This has been in the works for ~3 months now.

Nice work on the upgrades.
We appreciate it!
Plus, this rollout seems 'quieter' than the last one...
~Regards, Enbloc

Any recommendations on tinfoil freeplay?
1609447570514.png

We just completed a major update to the current version of the forum software - some features may be missing or incomplete over the next few hours as I continue to tweak things.

The major change that will be visible to you, the end-user, is the text editor, which has been updated to be more mobile-friendly, and bring in some more flexibility on the desktop.

If anyone notices anything out of place, or downright broken - please post here.

I'll move this thread into tech support after a day or two, when things have calmed down.

Current known issues:
  • Search index is currently being rebuilt - search functionality is degraded.
    • This is expected to take ~2 hours (1:30PM EST

Regarding Alerts: prior to the upgrade, when I looked at the Alerts it would reset to zero regardless of how many I actually opened to read. After the upgrade, the # of Alerts stays the same unless I open and read each one, or select "Mark read" at the bottom of the Alert window. Minor nuisance, but different.

Seems like the thumbnails are grainier now, too. They resolve when you click on them, so it's not a real problem. But it's noticeable.

Seems like the thumbnails are grainier now, too. They resolve when you click on them, so it's not a real problem. But it's noticeable.
Agree, not a fan.

But I’m just reading them on my phone. Not sure on a PC.

Agree, not a fan.

But I’m just reading them on my phone. Not sure on a PC.

Hmm, I don't believe anything was changed here. Can you point me to a thread that you're seeing this in?

Hmm, I don't believe anything was changed here. Can you point me to a thread that you're seeing this in?
From the new acquisitions December thread.

Attachments

• A846BCB2-DF34-4196-9428-9158A87AD1C9.png
    A846BCB2-DF34-4196-9428-9158A87AD1C9.png
    687 KB · Views: 4
@chris_1001 - does this thread look better? These attachments have the new quality setting (old ones are still rebuilding, but recent posts should now be improved).

@chris_1001 - does this thread look better? These attachments have the new quality setting (old ones are still rebuilding, but recent posts should now be improved).

Better. But I’d prefer a bit clearer.

Attachments

• 70B47C3D-2CF5-4AFB-BA63-FEA1B5097F7E.png
    70B47C3D-2CF5-4AFB-BA63-FEA1B5097F7E.png
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks. I might need to bump it up one more notch after this rebuild is done.
So have we removed the full image vs thumbnail option?

I personally like full images at a high resolution.

but thanks for attending to this and dealing with it all on NYE!

So have we removed the full image vs thumbnail option?

I personally like full images at a high resolution.

but thanks for attending to this and dealing with it all on NYE!

The full images will display if your viewport is large enough to support them - it's dynamic based on the device/browser/window size - the thumbnails are an attempt to make the page(s) load faster on mobile, primarily, with the obvious tradeoff of quality that we're seeing now.

I'll keep tweaking options and see what I can do - the software has mostly locked me into some version of this setup.

Save the boobies

Screenshot_20210101-004114_Chrome.jpg

On my phone, if I'm positioned on the first line in the editing text area and there's nothing following it, even whitespace, pressing 'return' to go to the next line inserts the newline but does NOT move the cursor to the next line

Even if I enter several lines, but go to the very end of the text area and backspace back to the first line, there I'm stuck until I click off of it.

S7 (not the exploding one), Android 8.0.0, Chrome 87.0.4280.101

Save the boobies

View attachment 429815

On my phone, if I'm positioned on the first line in the editing text area and there's nothing following it, even whitespace, pressing 'return' to go to the next line inserts the newline but does NOT move the cursor to the next line

Even if I enter several lines, but go to the very end of the text area and backspace back to the first line, there I'm stuck until I click off of it.

S7 (not the exploding one), Android 8.0.0, Chrome 87.0.4280.101

For the sake of troubleshooting, can you clear your cache/cookies, and force-close Chrome and see if this is reproduceable?

Edit: There are a couple other bug reports from this on the XF forums, so I'm fairly certain it's not just you. The common link appears to be the default keyboard shipped on some Samsung phones. Can you try switching to another keyboard such as the Google keyboard or SwiftKey keyboard?

Last edited:
Since Thursday, I have not been able to attach a pic file. It's not the size or KB content. Just nothing posts.

I get "Insert..." on top of the pic, upper left and a trash can on top at the upper right. The pic appears and the title of the file shows at the bottom left. Ahhh it appears to be working now. New issue: I cannot delete the attached file.

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3
Totally dig how alerts now only countdown as you click them and reorder with unopened ones first. Much easier to keep track of all the threads I follow. Thanks as always for keeping NES tuned up.

Totally dig how alerts now only countdown as you click them and reorder with unopened ones first. Much easier to keep track of all the threads I follow. Thanks as always for keeping NES tuned up.

Thanks! FYI - the alerts counting down as you click them is technically a bug as it currently stands, and will be reverted back to the old behavior in the next couple of days. There is an option, however, in your preferences that will make them behave as they currently do (once the fix goes into place - at the moment, this option is being ignored).

@sHORTY I noticed the icon that appears on the browser tab has changed. I think it used to be a flag before and now its the NES logo from the home page but looks more like a blob of grey and blue.

Back
Top Bottom