Forum Update

sHORTY

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
We just completed a major update to the current version of the forum software - some features may be missing or incomplete over the next few hours as I continue to tweak things.

The major change that will be visible to you, the end-user, is the text editor, which has been updated to be more mobile-friendly, and bring in some more flexibility on the desktop.

If anyone notices anything out of place, or downright broken - please post here.

I'll move this thread into tech support after a day or two, when things have calmed down.

Current known issues:
  • Search index is currently being rebuilt - search functionality is degraded.
    • This is expected to take ~2 hours (1:30PM EST)

Last edited:
search function not working

I searched "economic doom" in thread titles and got zero results
It doesn't matter. No one uses it. [smile]

For a minute I thought 2020 pulled a last one on us and took down NES. Glad I can come out of the bunker now.

I was in the process of creating a parody thread. Now it is lost forever.

I run dark mode and the font is now blue. I dig it, but I can’t find the smilies to show my gratitude. 😎 the iphone ones seem to work.
Edit- there’s a drop down menu. I almost exclusively use the forum mobile.

Blue text on Dark mode really threw me, but I don't mind it.
Works good for the (post reply) but could we lighten up the shade a little bit for the (like) (quote) (reply) buttons, thread titles, and profile names so they stand out better on the black? Thanks

Thanks for the heart attack! I'm in the office alone, waiting on my car to be done at the shop, kinda stuck here and then NES goes down? Oooof!

I'm on Android mobile almost exclusively for the forum. Can we add "new" icon to watched threads with new posts instead of just the minor bolding that happens? The new blue font and variation of text sizing on titles makes it very hard to distinguish which watched threads have new posts.

I might be misremembering, but notifications seem to act differently now. You still get those red number icons at the bell symbol, but now they only clear if you actually click through to the thread they are notifying you about. I could have sworn (and maybe this is the misremembering part) that as long as you opened your notifications, they cleared once you viewed the list.

And that's not to say this is broken. Just something different I noticed. Cheers on keeping the software updated!

Thanks for the heart attack! I'm in the office alone, waiting on my car to be done at the shop, kinda stuck here and then NES goes down? Oooof!
Damn. That means you only had p@rn hub.

This downtime made me realize, that just like stocks, I need to diversify, cant have 50/50 between p@rn hub and NES.

He is not. He is over at the ATF baiting people with illegal gun sales. Damn traitor.
I know of someone who is applying to work with the ATF. They are a cop right now, and probably the most anti-2A person you can find. Ugh 😑 really hope they don’t get that job!

I know of someone who is applying to work with the ATF. They are a cop right now, and probably the most anti-2A person you can find. Ugh 😑 really hope they don’t get that job!
Send an anonymous tip to the ATF.

Maybe this was a bug that was fixed.

The red notification indication on the bell used to go away when you clicked on the bell, regardless of whether you clicked on the updated thread in the drop down. That's no longer true, and the notification stays until you click on the thread.

That was a way to effectively unsubscribe from notifications for a thread.

Back
Top Bottom