• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Form 4473 Question #6

MachineHead

NES Member
Out to dinner with my gf and she asks a questioning thought I'd ask NES: what if someone got their license as Male and switched everything and now identifies as Female or anything other than the two - what happens in terms of the FBI check? Is there any change?

This is one of the MANY reasons why gender identification should not be based on one's mood. Perhaps tomorrow I honestly identify as a woman, so then I should fill out the 4473 as a female. What if I suddenly identify as an LGBT hispanic gynomorph. Puts a curveball on the 4473 that's for sure.

But Barry says I can use whichever bathroom with which I identify. So as of the past month if at a dunkin donuts or gas station with a mens bathroom in use, then one could suddenly identify as a female. He said that was fine.

Last edited:
I'd say, just like height and weight, you answer the question based on your current condition. If you're not sure, call the ATF and ask them the question.

Do you have XX or XY chromosomes?

Takes 'feelings' out of the question, if the question matters enough to remain on the questionaire.

There you go sidelining everyone with a trisomy. das racist!

if they're not sure, maybe they should get one of those Nascar/Funnycar driver's suits that sez "Sponsored by Snap-On Tools?" ;)

Denial=mucho dinero.
Am I right, Am I right?
The American experiment has been attacked to no end, when do we say no?
It is quite possible, the decimation of modern society is at hand, any body read a news paper lately?
Am reminded of a quote, something to do about the death of a thousand cuts.
Do you think some "free thinkers" can over come the prevailing trends coming out? Am reminded of noble Chinese fellow standing in front of advancing tanks, Any body know his name, status, location, does he live a charmed life, free from state intervention. Maybe by some other name, freedom, truth, moral majority?
The dude may not be hid, but we will not find him.
So here's the deal, US army, Navy, Air force, Marines, says what about this?

Turn on the tele, Olympics is going on. Is it wrong you can tell the difference, Male and Female?
Quite possible this will be the downfall of society.
Who the hell are you to say just because I got a little meat swinging, to say I am this or that.
Who the hell are you to say just because I don't have a swinging meat ...... I am this or that.

Having typed this I believe there are certain truths that even Barry can not overcome.
Thou he might like to.

Not to go off topic, but I used to work at a ski/ snowboard shop. That's where I met my wife.

My wife says to me the other day (name changed for the story)

Wife: "remember Dave from the ski shop?"

Me: "yeah"

Wife: "He's now Daniella"

I pause for a moment...

Me: "so does this mean he's gonna ride a women's snowboard?"

This is the reason, well one of many, that I say society was better off when these people were behind closed doors.

Coming out of the closet has created many issues that will be deflected to avoid cases upon cases of butt hurt. No pun intended.

Go ahead. Slam me but that's how I see it. You asked. I answered.

If you were born a male and now"identify" as a female, you need a psychiatrist and shouldn't be anywhere near a gun.

Cruel, you think? Consider this; that home-invading meth head you just ventilated is self-identifying as an underprivileged "yute" who is just turning his life around as he bleeds out on your front hall carpet.

If your psyche is so fragile that you can't accept the organs you were born with, you'll never be able to live with yourself.

I hear all these now illegal AW identify as non AW... i told them they had to remove their features and it doesnt matter how they "feel"..they told me theyll see me in court and only they can decide what they are but unforuantily our AG is inconsistant she says if they were AW after 7/20 they dont get to choose but if before 7/20 they are assult weapons but she wont prossicute them. ...but they are indeed AW regardless of thier features.
So i told them they all have to use safe number 1, they told me i dont get to decide and they are free to be in safe 1 or safe 2.

Everyone see where i am going with this?

Out to dinner with my gf and she asks a questioning thought I'd ask NES: what if someone got their license as Male and switched everything and now identifies as Female or anything other than the two - what happens in terms of the FBI check? Is there any change?

I would think that what you put down on the 4473 is whatever it says on your other legal documentation: driver license, passport, whatever. If it says "F" on your driver license then that's what you put down, regardless of what you were assigned at birth.

Typically for someone who's transitioning, changing the "sex" marker goes along with a legal name change,[1] there's court paperwork that goes along with both, and, in general, "the system" knows how to cope. It's a non-issue.

[1]A gross oversimplification, but, I don't feel like launching into an elaborate explanation. Yes, I know some trans people, and so I'm kinda-sorta casually-familiar with some of the process, including the legalities. State laws on changing the marker on your driver license vary.

Last edited:
I would think that what you put down on the 4473 is whatever it says on your other legal documentation: driver license, passport, whatever. If it says "F" on your driver license then that's what you put down, regardless of what you were assigned at birth.

Typically for someone who's transitioning, changing the "sex" marker goes along with a legal name change, there's court paperwork that goes along with both, and, in general, "the system" knows how to cope. It's a non-issue.

Exactly. And transgender is not the same as transvestite. People need to get their brains out of jr high mode.

Back
Top Bottom