Form 4473 Address -- Legal or Mailing?

LittleCalm

NES Member
Sorry for the dumb question, but haven't faced the situation before. New NH resident. Driver's license front side has mailing address. Driver's license back side has legal address. I assume I use my legal address on a 4473?

physical residence. A large part of the address is where you are a resident to determine if it is lawful to make the purchase. You could have a physical residence in one state and a mailing address just across a state line. So physical residence address regardless if it has mail delivery

Thanks. I assumed that but wanted to check here. We have a rural mailing address (mail goes through a different town's post office).

There's a lot of that up here. It needs to match what's on your ID, or at least your other supporting documents.
you need government issued picture ID for proof of identity. You need government documents to prove residency. While it is nice when these are the same documents it is not necessary. Any government document like a utility bill or hoisters license can be used for residency.

There's a lot of that up here. It needs to match what's on your ID, or at least your other supporting documents.
Everything I have has my mailing address on it except the back of my DL has my legal address and of course the deed to my property has my legal address. For 4473 purposes, I will use the legal address. That is my residence despite that the mailing address is different. I am not trying to prove residency. I am trying to correctly answer the 4473.

Back
Top Bottom