form 1

just wondering what the process for a form 1 sbr in mass would be, ty
I just submitted my first form 1 last month and found this video useful. Only other important thing this video doesn’t mention (because the guy posting the video isn’t in MA) is to upload a copy of your LTC on the “electronic documents” section towards the end of the application.

Also make sure you have your 2 fingerprints cards done before you submit the application as they need to be mailed and received by ATF within 10 days.

I just submitted my first form 1 last month and found this video useful. Only other important thing this video doesn’t mention (because the guy posting the video isn’t in MA) is to upload a copy of your LTC on the “electronic documents” section towards the end of the application.

Also make sure you have your 2 fingerprints cards done before you submit the application as they need to be mailed and received by ATF within 10 days.

thank you, most usefull info

do i have to contact my cleo? i have read the atf has removed that requirement and i only need to send them a copy of the tax stamp after? and can i do the fingerprints myself or does it have to be certified by someone qualified at my local pd?

You can do prints yourself.

Get the cards from the BATFE and an ink pad from what ever office supply store is near you and roll your own.

Just make sure they are clear and not smudged.

do i have to contact my cleo? i have read the atf has removed that requirement and i only need to send them a copy of the tax stamp after? and can i do the fingerprints myself or does it have to be certified by someone qualified at my local pd?

You send your CLEO a copy of the application form, not the tax stamp. If you look at the linked above Form 1, the PDF has 3 copies - ATF, Registant and CLEO. That satisfies the ATFs requirement that you notify your CLEO. Your CLEO no longer has to approve the application before it goes to ATF, so it's just a notification.

Has there been any rumblings of CLEO’s denying the application for the Form 1? Or do they not have the authority to do that? I’ve been told, and have read that it’s simply a notification for them that you applied.

I have a few acquaintances that are LEOs and have said ‘are you sure the CLEO is gunna approve that?’ But they might just be ill informed.
I want to submit my app this week and follow up with prints, my town isn’t necessarily red,
But they won’t issue LTCA-unrestricted until 25 years old. Which I’ve had for 4 years now.

Has there been any rumblings of CLEO’s denying the application for the Form 1? Or do they not have the authority to do that? I’ve been told, and have read that it’s simply a notification for them that you applied.

I have a few acquaintances that are LEOs and have said ‘are you sure the CLEO is gunna approve that?’ But they might just be ill informed.
I want to submit my app this week and follow up with prints, my town isn’t necessarily red,
But they won’t issue LTCA-unrestricted until 25 years old. Which I’ve had for 4 years now.
Read the form and do what it says. Jack.

CLEO doesn't have to approve it anymore. Thanks to Obama, amazingly.

You must notify him. But there is no sign off.

Don

Read the form and do what it says. Jack.

Agree 100000%. Its not rocket surgery. Don't agonize over the answers. Put the bbl and overall length that you think things will be when you build it. You are not locked into those dimensions.

Approach it the same way you would approach filling out a drivers license renewal application. No angst. No worry. Just fill in the blanks truthfully. Its a simple administrative process, nothing more. You put $200 and a form in one end and a few months later a tax stamp and an approved form pop out the other end.

The folks in WV who actually process these things seem to be good people. Nobody's looking to deny anyone. Again, its a simple administrative process.

CLEO doesn't have to approve it anymore. Thanks to Obama, amazingly.

You must notify him. But there is no sign off.

Don

This reason is why it never appealed to me in MA.
Once I found out it changed, I became an SBR owner.

Form 1 took exactly 21 days from accepted.
Worth it considering a Pre-94 AR pistol id a pretty penny.
I know.
I own one.

I understand. I had a friend who lived in a rural CT town near me. His CLEO refused to sign off on a silencer. So I put him in touch with a lawyer who set up a trust for him.

He had purchased one silencer when Obama changed the regs through executive action. They made trusts pointless for the majority of people who don't own High Dollar NFA items.

1) added requirement that trusts and corps, every trustee with access to firearm needed to provide fingerprints.
2) removed CLEO signoff for personal form 1s and form 4s.

My wife submitted her first ever Form 1 (eform) today and realized afterward she failed to attach a copy of her LTC as a supporting document as has been suggested.
What is her recourse? Will it get denied does the ATF really care about MA LTC? Can supporting documents be attached after payment and submit?

She spent the better part of two hours after the website crashed all her in for once, so she is calling it quits for the evening but I thought I might get her some useful info here.

It is something she wanted to do so I was hands off.

🐯

My wife submitted her first ever Form 1 (eform) today and realized afterward she failed to attach a copy of her LTC as a supporting document as has been suggested.
What is her recourse? Will it get denied does the ATF really care about MA LTC? Can supporting documents be attached after payment and submit?

She spent the better part of two hours after the website crashed all her in for once, so she is calling it quits for the evening but I thought I might get her some useful info here.

It is something she wanted to do so I was hands off.

🐯
Your wife should be good to go. Have her log back on tomorrow and upload a copy. An examiner hasn’t looked at it yet and you should still be able to upload a copy of her Ltc. You will need that or it’ll be denied. On the fence whether you need both sides of it or not. Some people do some don’t. Those that don’t havent all been denied but might just be their particular examiner. Might as well just do both sides for peace of mind. But don’t stress it. She’ll be good to go. And worse case scenario it is only day one since submitting not a month so just start again. But I seriously don’t think you’ll need to go that far.
Hope your wife Enjoys the new toy!😂 making myself laugh there hahaha

Back
Top Bottom