• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foreign Service box on DD 214

Hello,

I was looking at my DD 214 the other day and noticed It has nothing in the the Foreign service box but I spent a year stationed on Okinawa. The only thing a Google search showed is that maybe only foreign combat counts for that. Does anyone know?

Section 12, line F? Yes, that should include your years/months/days. Mine does, has total time including non combat.

mine is section 22 F

Yours is a bit earlier than mine, I have the July 79 version of the 214. My box 22 is the signature of the discharge representative. Section 12 G is Sea Service.

OP, do you have "Overseas Service Ribbon" listed in your Decorations, Medals, Badges section (section 13 on mine)? You should have that as well.

Lol. Mine doesnt have the NDF or GWOT medal, yet has my Afghan campaign medal... figure that one out. Whoever is dumb enough to join the Marine Corps to do paperwork is dumb enough to **** up a DD214. I did an SRB audit a couple months back with a new kid who could not understand english very well let alone type. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Mine is 1 Jul 79, still current in July of 88. Line f is Foreign Service (got none), g is Sea Service (got that). But I think that Skysoldier's last reply pretty much tells the story.

Back
Top Bottom