• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foreign Nationals and Firearms Possession

If you're an instructor or work at a commercial gun range you need to think about this.

Many Foreign Tourists -- and Most Foreign Students -- Are Barred from Going to Shooting Ranges

With few exceptions (like hunting) any foreign national in the US on anything other than an immigrant visa is a prohibited person. There's potential criminal liability for both the foreign national and anyone who allows them to take even temporary possession of a firearm.

This comes on the heels of the petition in Rehaif v US being granted last week.

Interesting. In Hawaii and I think Las Vegas, there are ranges that cater to mostly Japanese tourists. The I saw in Hawaii even had full auto guns.

If you're an instructor or work at a commercial gun range you need to think about this.

Many Foreign Tourists -- and Most Foreign Students -- Are Barred from Going to Shooting Ranges

With few exceptions (like hunting) any foreign national in the US on anything other than an immigrant visa is a prohibited person. There's potential criminal liability for both the foreign national and anyone who allows them to take even temporary possession of a firearm.

This comes on the heels of the petition in Rehaif v US being granted last week.
Makes sense now.

Name a nation where arming a foriegn population ends up well.
I am a foreign, only on paper and a pledge to this country that I am American Citizen. It's not what this is about. To answer your question the founders

So, the founders didn't envision a ammendment process? I bet they didn't an unfettered invasion too?

Basically you're suggesting that we use gun control to disarm potentially hostile foreign nationals... think about the inherent dumbness in that idea, its just as dumb as regular gun control...

Basically you're suggesting that we use gun control to disarm potentially hostile foreign nationals... think about the inherent dumbness in that idea, its just as dumb as regular gun control...
No, but a large population of armed foreigners in our borders is a bad, historically a bad thing. Sorry if I disagree with you.

No, but a large population of armed foreigners in our borders is a bad, historically a bad thing. Sorry if I disagree with you.

Again, then ban them. If they're that dangerous. It's as dumb as saying a prohibited person not in jail is magically incapable of getting a gun and doing harm.....

Again, then ban them. If they're that dangerous. It's as dumb as saying a prohibited person not in jail is magically incapable of getting a gun and doing harm.....
No a previous incaracree is a national they did their time an immigrant isnt necessarily thinking or supporting this nation. Evidently historical presidents elude you. I'm not such a fan of rose colored glasses. So you support arming illegals too?

It doesn't say "The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms".

Heck once you become a citizen you should get a voucher for a firearm otherwise nfw.

Flether v. Haas established that the 2A applies to non-citizen legal residents as well. To hold otherwise would require either inconsistent logic, or denying non-citizens other enumerated rights such as those recognized by the 1st, 3rd, 5th and other amendments. This would allow the government to quarter troops in the homes of foreigners in times of peace.

Flether v. Haas established that the 2A applies to non-citizen legal residents as well. To hold otherwise would require either inconsistent logic, or denying other enumerated rights such as the 1st, 3rd, 5th and other amendments. This would allow the government to quarter troops in the homes of foreigners in times of peace.
So all supreme court judgements are right? Can I quote you on that?

No a previous incaracree is a national they did their time an immigrant isnt necessarily thinking or supporting this nation. Evidently historical presidents elude you. I'm not such a fan of rose colored glasses. So you support arming illegals too?

No rose colored glasses here. I just think the notion of a prohibited person is f***ing stupid. Kick them out, incarcerate them, or kill them if they're actually dangerous. Prohibited persons = feel good bullshit that punishes free people.

No rose colored glasses here. I just think the notion of a prohibited person is f***ing stupid. Kick them out, incarcerate them, or kill them if they're actually dangerous. Prohibited persons = feel good bullshit that punishes free people.
I have no issue with ex convicts having 2a rights they do. I have an issue with foreigners who are not citizens who do. See my tag line? I'm an unapologetic nationalist. I don't gaf about other nations only mine. I want all of my tribe armed. Every last woman and child. But not non Americans, not so much. So I'm gonna sleep sound in my beliefs.

So when the supremes rule against you you'll accept their interpretations?
I do not have to agree with them, but I will accept that they will guide how the state will use force against me.

Fletcher v. Haas was a first circuit decision. To see a supreme court decision addressing the applicability of the bill of rights to non citizens, see US vs Verdugo-Urquidez.

If the courts can manufacture stuff not in law (like 2A does not apply to non-citizens and the words "the people" have a different meaning in the rest of the bill of rights), it can manufacture anything else it wants. Integrity demands consistency, even when it does not lead to the result one might like. If the courts understood that, we would be in much better shape.

Last edited:
Well f*** man, how are foreigners going to have a factual basis in firearms if they cant shoot them while they're here? Hard to have your revolution at home if you dont know how to shoot.
This ruling is pretty disturbing. Everyone, regardless of nationality should have the right to firearm ownership.

Well f*** man, how are foreigners going to have a factual basis in firearms if they cant shoot them while they're here? Hard to have your revolution at home if you dont know how to shoot.
This ruling is pretty disturbing. Everyone, regardless of nationality should have the right to firearm ownership.
Yes once they are citizens. Illegals, no.

Back
Top Bottom