Ford Officially Confirms 2020 Bronco

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
eh.. i was interested in it, but have decided a silverado LT with a V8 crew cab 4wD is what i will be going after instead.
That’s like three or four feet longer than even the four door Bronco (189” long).

Doubt many people cross shop a Silverado with a Bronco instead of an F150.

/

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I didn't know they put the 2.7 in the Fusion. That thing must be a ball to drive.
Yes, the Sport. No one knows about it - Ford marketing team should be fired for not advertising it everywhere. As a result they only made 20-25k of them over three years. It's reasonably quick, AWD, and has all the toys/options of the top-of-the-line Titanium (AC seats, adaptive cruise control, LED lights, etc) plus adaptive suspension and active noise cancelling. I cross-shopped it against Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, Chrysler - it seems to do everything better for less. The upside of this car being completely unknown is that it's a total sleeper and it's a lot of fun surprising so-called performance cars with it.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I didn't know they put the 2.7 in the Fusion. That thing must be a ball to drive.
I’m guessing the Sport trim. I saw one of those for sale at a CarMax last year and was tempted, but I didn’t fit in it well, smelled like smoker and wet dog, and had some weirdness with Manufacturer Buy back that I didn’t want to risk.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes, the Sport. No one knows about it - Ford marketing team should be fired for not advertising it everywhere. As a result they only made 20-25k of them over three years. It's reasonably quick, AWD, and has all the toys/options of the top-of-the-line Titanium (AC seats, adaptive cruise control, LED lights, etc) plus adaptive suspension and active noise cancelling. I cross-shopped it against Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, Chrysler - it seems to do everything better for less. The upside of this car being completely unknown is that it's a total sleeper and it's a lot of fun surprising so-called performance cars with it.
It's more than reasonably quick, especially for it's price/class. I have a customer that has matching Fusion Sport and Mustang GT. He swears the Fusion pulls harder etc.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It's more than reasonably quick, especially for it's price/class. I have a customer that has matching Fusion Sport and Mustang GT. He swears the Fusion pulls harder etc.
Yeah, depends on what you compare it to and in what regard. It's got AWD and enough torque to pull away from my friend's Corvette from a stop (although obviously he catches up really quickly) but I'd expect to lose badly to a Mustang from a roll. Handling isn't great either, it's a 4000lbs sedan so you can imagine how much it understeers. That said, I'm taking it to Epping soon and expect to run 13s totally stock; with just a tune these cars get into 12s.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If that were marketed better, the Fusion line may not have been cancelled. I can only imagine what it is like with a few go fast parts and some tuning.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If that were marketed better, the Fusion line may not have been cancelled. I can only imagine what it is like with a few go fast parts and some tuning.
Lots of Fusion Sports in the low 12s with just tune, exhaust, and intercooler. Fastest one in the country runs mid-11s. Not a lot of aftermarket support for these cars beyond the basic bolt-ons, although several people are trying to get the MKZ 3.0 turbos to work.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Lots of Fusion Sports in the low 12s with just tune, exhaust, and intercooler. Fastest one in the country runs mid-11s. Not a lot of aftermarket support for these cars beyond the basic bolt-ons, although several people are trying to get the MKZ 3.0 turbos to work.
Low 12's with bolt ons and a tune is impressive, never mind that it is a grocery getter.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They just trademarked Warthog which people think will be a version of the Bronco. Not sure if that really sounds like a Raptor type trim. Wouldn't they just make it a Bronco Raptor?(Raptor Bronco?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom