Forcing LTC Expiration

Hi everyone.. Wanted to get your ideas about a problem I'm having:

Got my LTC almost 2 years ago from green town with Target & hunting restrictions and have moved to another green town.

Long story short, original chief that issued the license didn't like me and has said he'll never remove restrictions until I renew. New PD said they'll be glad to remove my restrictions if original chief early expires my LTC and I re-apply.

One problem... Original chief has been dragging his feet about early expiration.

Yes, I can bring him to court and probably win, but I dont have the time or $ to go about it.

Here's my thought:
If I move out of state and submit a change of address to Mass FRB indicating I'm moving out of state they'll expire my license. Correct?

If so, can I (1) move to another state, such as NH, (2) submit change of address, (3) move back to MA and (4) apply for a new license?

How long do you think I have to legally be out of the state in order to do all of this?

Ideas?

The move out of MA wallhack might work but the people that I knew that did it had the luxury of being gone for a few months. One guy I talked to "moved" to FL for the winter and then "moved" back here and just applied for a new one in his new MA home's non-shit town. I don't know how long it -actually- takes from the time of notification for them to shitcan the license. One guy on here said that itd been over a month or two since he sent the notification and MIRCs said his license was still active. /boggle.

-Mike

I don't know how long it -actually- takes from the time of notification for them to shitcan the license.
The key to getting the license shitcanned is convincing the issuing authority or the FRB that you want to keep it active.

The key to getting the license shitcanned is convincing the issuing authority or the FRB that you want to keep it active.

So another words, start some nebulous , but involved conversation with them about how you are moving out of state but are wondering why your MA resident license will become invalid? [rofl]

-Mike

... Got my LTC almost 2 years ago from green town with Target & hunting restrictions and have moved to another green town.

Long story short, original chief that issued the license didn't like me and has said he'll never remove restrictions until I renew. New PD said they'll be glad to remove my restrictions if original chief early expires my LTC and I re-apply.

One problem... Original chief has been dragging his feet about early expiration. ...

Is the new town's chief so awesome, and the old town's chief's objections so baseless, that the new chief will grant LTC-A ALP even if he hears them?

If you feel that lucky, you could ask the new chief to contact the old chief and ask him to stop being a douchebag, purely as a professional courtesy. After all, what's the worst that could happen...? Oh wait, this is Massachusetts:

If not, don't do anything of the kind. Because if the old chief gets it into his head to tell the new chief what he really thinks of you, your ga-ron-teed LTC-A/ALP may turn into an "unsuitable" in the twinkling of an eye.

Any contact with the old PD, possibly excepting a cancellation request because of a (non-fraudulent) move out of state may remind the old chief that you exist and prompt him to call the new town's chief. What the old chief says may not be "fact-based" (i.e., "true"), and you will never even know that the conversation has taken place, let alone what was said.

But it's your call. Good luck with that, sigh.

Move out of Mass and then Move Back ....How in the actual **** does that make sense. Once you are out stay out of Mass.
[rofl]

Move out of Mass and then Move Back ....How in the actual **** does that make sense. Once you are out stay out of Mass.
[rofl]
Well, the idea is to "move" out of the state, say for a few days. Unfortunately as much as I wish I could simply up and leave, we're not just there yet.

First chief's excuse for my restrictions is because of my "long" driving history. Not even the content of my driving history but the mere length. The worst thing on there are 3 speeding tickets over the last 8 years. Arbitrary? I think so, but then again, dont have the time or money to try my luck at district court.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

... First chief's excuse for my restrictions is because of my "long" driving history. Not even the content of my driving history but the mere length. The worst thing on there are 3 speeding tickets over the last 8 years. Arbitrary? I think so, ...

But thanks for elaborating. After posting it started to gnaw at me that I couldn't imagine what would cheese off a "green" CoP enough to yank your chain with T&H, but wasn't bad enough to be grist for unsuitability. However your situation makes sense, in a let's-infringe-Speedy-McCCW's-civil-rights-until-he-tones-it-down sort of way.

If you last got tagged 4-5+ years ago, maybe you can sweet talk the old chief that you've changed your ways; if you didnt otherwise burn bridges. (How long does it take the surcharges to bleed down off your insurance bill - if your rating has bounced back, you could use that as a proxy for the good behavior of the New You).

You already got Rob's mindshare, big time. Maybe your fuller explanation will make Comm2A consider using you as a test case. They have limited resources, but if they'll go to bat for plaintiffs with an old pot charge, they won't have moral objections to sitting on the Group W bench with a Speeder.

I then purchased the 10 year extended lock warranty $75, covers lock smith and lock replacement for 10 years.
6 years, though they are maintained in the database forever, so don't count on a longer history being unavailable to the police.

Yup, fill out the Comm2a form at http://comm2a.org/contact-us/problem. Be sure to include all details - dates, police departments, did you get a denial letter, etc.

This could be handled in one of two ways. An appeal of a restriction lifting denial would be straightforward, as this is now provided for in the law. Perhaps a more interesting appeal would be one asking the court to force a PD to expire an LTC. I look forward to discussing it with the Comm2a triumvirate.

all of this just to get restrictions removed? seems like a lot of work.
i'm by no means defending the notion of restrictions. they're obviously ridiculous....but seems like the moving and re-applying, etc. is a good deal of work and $$.

all of this just to get restrictions removed? seems like a lot of work.
i'm by no means defending the notion of restrictions. they're obviously ridiculous....but seems like the moving and re-applying, etc. is a good deal of work and $$.

It's potentially cheaper than trying to bring the shit PD to court over it somehow. The whole thing is stupid because some flack at CJIS could expire a license with a few keystrokes...... but they won't because they don't want to piss on the shoes of the issuing authority...

It's potentially cheaper than trying to bring the shit PD to court over it somehow. The whole thing is stupid because some flack at CJIS could expire a license with a few keystrokes...... but they won't because they don't want to piss on the shoes of the issuing authority...

QFT!

You can take this to the bank. There is nothing in the law that prohibits the FRB from administratively expiring a LTC/FID upon request of the holder. They did decide not to do that however and I'm certain (I didn't ask why) that it was so as not to piss off the issuing department who enjoys exacting revenge on people who have the audacity to attempt to better their lives (and LTCs).

what is the policy for a 'lost' LTC? can you ask for a re-issue with the new Chief?
You can get a free replacement, but it must be obtained from the FRB by the issuing police department. And yes, the restriction may be changed when the LTC is reprinted and re-issued.

Well, the idea is to "move" out of the state, say for a few days. Unfortunately as much as I wish I could simply up and leave, we're not just there yet.

First chief's excuse for my restrictions is because of my "long" driving history. Not even the content of my driving history but the mere length. The worst thing on there are 3 speeding tickets over the last 8 years. Arbitrary? I think so, but then again, dont have the time or money to try my luck at district court.

Well, then slow the hell down!

If I were a chief and someone with an LTC I issued moved and then I was asked to expire it...I would do it. Especially if I didn't like the guy I wouldn't want him listed on my books....

So I don't understand a chief not wanting to expire an LTC if requested. I'd be like.....see ya...not my problem anymore.

I would think a chief would have more important things to do than play the vengeance game.

subscribed. [smile]

If I were a chief and someone with an LTC I issued moved and then I was asked to expire it...I would do it. Especially if I didn't like the guy I wouldn't want him listed on my books....

So I don't understand a chief not wanting to expire an LTC if requested. I'd be like.....see ya...not my problem anymore.

I would think a chief would have more important things to do than play the vengeance game.
With slight power, comes an overinflated ego.

Same reason someone refuses to allow two lanes of traffic to zipper into one when the road narrows. They're what is sometimes referred to as a rectal orifice.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals

Back
Top Bottom