Force On Force Training

I see that James Yeager of TACTICAL RESPONSE
(Been written up a bunch of times in SWAT magazine)
has scheduled their Force On Force classes in the Bronx towards the end of June.

Descriptions are as follows:

Force on Force Primer

While our FoF Scenarios class expects you to show up ready to perform under stress, our one-day FoF Primer is the teaching portion of Tactical Response's Force on Force curriculum. Our FoF Primer will give you a full 8 hours working with Blue Guns and UTM marking rounds in scenario based teaching as well as relevant video material and lectures. We work through, step-by-step, ways to avoid conflict, deescalate a developing confrontation and lastly how to win your gunfight if it comes to that.
Unlike life where you take the test and then you learn the lessons this class gives you the lessons before you have to take the test.

FoF Primer compliments and adds to what we teach on the firing range in our Fighting Pistol class. If you haven't taken our Fighting Pistol class, to receive maximum benefit we STRONGLY recommend you take this FoF
Primer before taking our FoF Scenarios.

1 day/$200

and

The Fight - Force on Force Scenarios

So you've taken a tactical class or two or ten. You can shoot cardboard and steel on demand. This class is the next step. You will have a chance to test your defensive skills against thinking, moving adversaries in realistic scenarios. Years of static square range training won't give you the tools and insights that these two days of tactical
problem solving will.

This course is not for beginning students. You should already have a handle on the legal and practical sides of personal defense and need to have graduated from a Tactical Response or a comparable school's Tactical
Pistol course.

2 days/$400

Details at:http://www.tacticalresponse.com/

Since they will be providing the special training guns, the problem of bringing your firearms into PDR of NY doesn't arise.

Regards
John

LenS said:
I hear that the Bronx is a "target rich environment"! [shocked] [mg]

It's been said that a smart person is one who doesn't do stupid things, go to stupid places, or hang with stupid people.

You just know that any story that starts with: "My buddies heard about this hot new club in the bad part of town, so we decided to go down there on Friday night and get wasted." ain't gonna end well.

I'm not completely convinced that any story that starts with: "I went to the Bronx and left my pistol home" ain't in the same category.

Wonder if the powers-that-be here could look into bringing these guys to NH in Ought-seven?

Regards
John

JimConway said:
Why go to the Bronx when you can attend Gabe Suarez's force on Force class in July in Littleton, MA?

Jim, yes but Littleton, MA is just NOT a "target rich environment"!! [devil]

Perhaps they are using real, moving targets that shoot back in the Bronx for this course?[devil2]

I don't know James Yaeger's background, but having taken two courses with Gabe Suarez, I can tell you that you wouldn't be disappointed if you took his course. I have no doubt that you would learn a lot . . . he's BTDT for keeps!

LenS said:
I don't know James Yaeger's background, but having taken two courses with Gabe Suarez, I can tell you that you wouldn't be disappointed if you took his course. I have no doubt that you would learn a lot . . . he's BTDT for keeps!

Uh, Len, this is not a shot at Suarez particularly. I've never done a course with him, but I've enjoyed his some of his books.

I got taken to task once by an elderly neighbor of mine, who told me that I was an idiot. Well, much of my family shares that particular opinion, so that didn't particularly bother me. But he was yelling at me for my two handed shooting technique. Not because I was shooting Weaver, and he believed in Isocoles, or vice versa. Because I wasn't shooting one handed.

Oh, did I mention that he was Finnish, and had survived six years of fighting on the Eastern front?

In spite of the fact that he had BTDT out the ying yang, I am not about to start using a Luger, 9mm ball, or shooting one-handed, all of which he recomended to me.

So I no longer take BTDT as being such an important proof that the guy knows what he's doing.

Regards
John

Someone (not you) stated that Yeager is better! I know of Chuck Yeager and can assume that this is his Son, but I know nothing further about him, his qualifications, etc.

I have taken Suarez's courses and he is coming to the MA/NH area this Summer, so IF APPROPRIATE (some of his courses are IMNSHO too advanced for some folks that don't have experience shooting and reloading on the move), he is definitely worth considering.

Taking a defensive shooting course in the Bronx or even going there is not something that would be high on my list of "to dos", least of all unarmed (as non-residents must be).

So, please tell us something about Yeager's experience/expertise as a trainer? He may well be excellent, so if someone knows something about him and his training please share it here.

LenS said:
Someone (not you) stated that Yeager is better! I know of Chuck Yeager and can assume that this is his Son, but I know nothing further about him, his qualifications, etc.

I have taken Suarez's courses and he is coming to the MA/NH area this Summer, so IF APPROPRIATE (some of his courses are IMNSHO too advanced for some folks that don't have experience shooting and reloading on the move), he is definitely worth considering.

Taking a defensive shooting course in the Bronx or even going there is not something that would be high on my list of "to dos", least of all unarmed (as non-residents must be).

So, please tell us something about Yeager's experience/expertise as a trainer? He may well be excellent, so if someone knows something about him and his training please share it here.

First, understand that I am NOT recomending Yeager over Suarez, or vice versa. I simply try to keep track or whatever interesting training is going on within a reasonable driving distance of where I live.

If I post about it here, it's simply to share that info, NOT necessarily to recomend the course. If I've TAKEN a course with a particular trainer, I will say so, and say that I personally recomend it, or him, as the case may be. For whatever weight people may give that, considering that no one here really knows me personally.

Here's Yeager's bio:
http://www.tacticalresponse.com/instructors/jamesyeager.php

Here's the Tactical Response main page:

http://www.tacticalresponse.com

Let's note that they apparently have a LOT of instructors of various backgrounds, SWAT, Navy SEALS, etc., and Yeager himself may or may not be in the Bronx to teach THIS particular class.

Apparently Suarez himself teaches all of his own classes, just like Ayoob, Farnam, and Awerback.

Chuck Taylor, otoh, teaches only the ADVANCED classes, and has assistant instructors authorized to teach the basic and intermediate levels of his courses. Frank Cornwall of DEFENSE ASSOCIATES in CT is one such.

Finally, as for the Bronx vs Littleton MA thing, well, one date may work for your schedule and not the other, or vice versa.

I agree that FoF training is not for newbies, but does appear to be the next step once you feel you have mastered the basics, and I am personally looking forward to taking some such course in the not-too-distant future.

Might even be Suarez, might even be MA.

Regards
John

Back
Top Bottom