• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Force on Force Training

M&P

If this is the wrong location, please feel free to move!

I'm wondering if anyone has any civilian force-on-force training, shoot-house and/ or simunitions etc. experience in Ma? Specifically Western MA?

I've seen courses offered in other states that teach the use of firearms in physical encounters and in more realistic scenarios. I've been training in self-defense and martial arts for over 10 years and have attended numerous firearms training sessions - but have found a gap in continuity between the stresses and reality of a physical confrontation and the training to be had on a square range. Specifically, the manipulation of the firearm while fending off a threat, manipulating your firearm from less than ideal positions and live training on "shoot/ no-shoot" scenarios. (Lots of news stories regarding bad self-defense shoots lately.)

It's easy enough to say "well I would do this in that situation," but I'm a firm believer in the idea that your reaction and decision making in an armed encounter (or any tunnel vision inducing situation) will be a product of your training.

If anyone has any experience with this type of training and could recommend some resources locally, that would be great.

I'm sure there are those who do not believe this type of training is useful. I firmly respect your opinion. Not looking for a debate or to qualify/ disqualify anyone's opinions. Just looking for resources. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sig Academy in Epping NH has simunitions force on force training. Tactical Dynamics and King 33 have a joint simunitions force on force class in Connecticut. Both Sig and Tactical Dynamics/King33 are offering these classes on the last weekend in August. I have taken classes with both but havent had the chance to take a simunitions class yet.

Back
Top Bottom