• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For your consideration...

In preparation for the coming elections, I have been following the thoughts and plans of Charlie Baker, as a possible Republican candidate for governor of Massachusetts. My wife had dealings with him at her job, and while she is a liberal Democrat - but I love her anyway [smile] - she has always thought very highly of him, which definitely got me curious to learn more. In his latest list of Q&A offerings to let folks know where he stands came this position:

What is your position on guns?
I believe gun ownership is an individual, not a collective, right. I support the right of law-abiding citizens to responsibly own firearms, whether for hunting, sport, collecting or for personal protection.

Massachusetts needs to do a better job of enforcing the laws we already have on the books, and treating the commission of a crime with a gun as the serious offense that it is.

His positions are other issues have been agreeable to me, for the most part, and as such, I will be supporting him as he continues his run. Not trying to tell anyone how to vote, but just wanting to share info that was being put out there. Anyone wanting to check him out can start with his blog at

www.charliebaker2010.com/blog.php

Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating and a safe, happy and fruitful New Year to all.

(P.S. - though I will be voting Republican in the Senate race, I did vote for Coakley in the primary. If nothing else, if she were to win, it would hopefully be a case of addition by subtraction for me and my Massachusetts bretheren[wink])

Back
Top Bottom