• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

? For you guys

Hi everyone, I have been reading up on hear about the laws and disqualifiers. I can’t seem to find exactly what I’m looking for. I have a dwi from Raymond nh in 1998 while I was a nh resident. I have been a mass resident since 2005/2006. I’ve read up about oui’s being a disqualifier because of the possible 2-1/2 year sentence. In nh at the time a first time dwi is a class b missdemeaner with no prison sentance at all. I believe I am accurate with this info but not positive. Is it a waste of my time and money to try to apply for a ltc. Again I have searched many posts to find this info but I’m not very tech savvy and it’s a little confusing for me at this point. I apologize for asking a ? That has been asked allot of times. Any info would be great and appreciated.

I don't think it makes you prohibited, but might be cause for the chief in your town to deny you on suitability. What town will you be applying in?

It is NOT a statutory disqualifier. As for "suitability" any MA chief can deny someone for any reason they like, although truthfully it rarely happens.

As Len said, it’s not a statutory disqualifier. You can have it annulled with a few simple forms and about $300. You would still disclose it when answering question about prior court appearances.

Methuen is listed as a "Green" town. Meaning they are likely to issue unrestricted LTC's to those who qualify.Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town. If your licensing officer is approachable, a simple phone call, email or visit might be all it takes to determine how they will look at your application. I live in a very "Green" town, and at my last renewal the licensing officer told me flat out that our Chief is very Pro2A, and that he issues unrestricted LTC's to anyone who is qualified.

A quick look at their website was encouraging in that they did not have any silly requirements like letters of recommendation. They had a tab specifically for Firearms Licensing and I grabbed the number for you. Best of luck! But don't blame us when you savings account takes a huge hit. Ask me how I know. And welcome to NES! I look forward to your upcoming " Carry gun and Holster" recommendations thread. LOL.

Officer Terri Lavallee
Firearms Licensing Office
978-983-8751

Back
Top Bottom