For those who missed the Senate hearing today on Feinstein's bill, etc.

He lost me around 1:15 or so. The legitimate purpose isn't to attack the government, but to defend against the government.

If I was an arbitrator who had to declare a "winner" I would say that the antis got their asses handed to them. Obviously, this isn't remotely how the MSM reported it (OMG IT'S GABBY!). I watched/listened to the entire hearing from start to finish and there's a few things that I observed:

1. The gun control advocates (Democrats) came at this from an almost purely emotional viewpoint. Everything was about, "I have a 3 year old little girl at home" or "We have to do something for the children" or "Too many criminals are buying guns illegally at gun shows!".

2. The gun control opponents (Republicans) came at this from a well-prepared, factual, logical, reasoned approach and viewpoint. Some used visual aides, some spoke about their own familiarity with guns and how things are "in the real world". Most cited the regularity in which law abiding citizens use guns to rightfully defend themselves and their families. The visual representation of adding a pistol grip to an exempted Ruger semi-auto to make it "evil" was priceless.

The general ebb and flow consisted of the "magazine limit and AWB" topic being raised then just as quickly shot down, followed by an immediate response by the antis of, "shit! ok, ok, back to universal background checks!". I came away from this feeling extremely confident that DiFi's AWB bill has a snowballs chance in hell of passing and that universal background checks have a pretty decent chance. I still think someone needs to buy David Kopel a beer and Wayne LaPierre some Xanax.

My concerns continue to be at the state level.

Di Fi was not happy with the panel of guests yesterday from the reports I saw. She is planning on having her own panel meeting which I'm sure won't be stacked with gun grabbers, lol.

The budget fight is coming up very soon, washington will move on and this will be dispatched as it should be.

The scariest part of the whole day was Dick Durbins (Illinois D) exchange with Wayne. He said he has talked to many gun owners in his and my former home state and they told him they believe that the 2nd A is for protecting against and fighting the government. Wayne in so many words agreed without coming right out and saying it. He then turned to that Traitor Chief of police and asked what he thought of that? What does he think of Americans fighting the police. This a**h*** just shook his heads and said with disbelief, " it's a scary thought". Not in a way that he is truly scared of us, more like we are all crazy and he is scared that we would ever think the police are not our friends and protectors! I wish someone had a video of that exchange because I think that was the most damming one of the day and the one that should be posted everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom