• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For those questioning retention with Remora holsters...

I had a rather pleasant surprise this afternoon with one of mine. My daughter wanted me to jump on our new trampoline with her this afternoon, and I completely spaced the fact that I had my new M&P BG380 IWB because it's so comfortable I forget I even have it! Anyway, once jumping, I reached down to fix my shirt and realized it was there, but figured "what the heck, lets see how this thing holds". After many high bounces, some flips, etc., the darned thing never fell out! I did fix the cant a couple of times because it shifted a bit, but the gun never moved. I'm sure it may have been more of a chance of moving with a heavier gun like my SR9c, but I plan to test that too just for fun at some point. For now I'm thoroughly satisfied that my BG will stay put no matter what I do for normal activities, even if I had to run. Just thought I'd pass this along for those on the fence about ordering a Remora. For every day use with a heavier gun, I still prefer my Crossbreed, but it's always nice to have a quick "tuck and go" option like the Remora, and for a smaller gun like the BG, P238/938, etc., this is the perfect holster inmo, and can even be used for pocket carry if you are into that (too bulky for me personally).

Thanks, I bought one for my P226 with the sweat band, but have not used it yet. I think I will get one for the 938 now.

i have a whole box full of them. they are unquestionably the best iwb holsters i have found

I carry my g19 in it appendix style. I keep a tshirt between it and me. Stays put but like previously mentioned, does need the cant adjusted periodically. Easier than the IWB with clips to get on and off.

I don't know anything about Remora holsters. But I've got 4 or 5 Crossbreeds and I like them a lot.

Anybody who has used both, have any thoughts on this?

I don't know anything about Remora holsters. But I've got 4 or 5 Crossbreeds and I like them a lot.

They are kind of apples and oranges, so my recommendation is have BOTH

I'm growing out of love with my Remora, it's not as sticky, even though I did clean it according to their directions.

The friction hold has let it move around on me a bit. Going to try a clip iwb holster to see how it does.

Yes, as a matter of fact I own both and love them for different reasons. I would never say that the Remora is the "be all, end all" holster, but it is perfect for certain uses. For instance, I have a CB and Remora for my SR9c. I use the CB as the primary holster for every day, all day comfort and security with that gun, but use the Remora when I wear shorts or sweats with no belt, or for quick "grab and go", such as running out to the convenience store when I don't have the CB already in place because its much faster than messing with CB. For a smaller, lighter gun such as my BG380, I don't really feel the need for a CB as the Remora is super comfortable and rock solid to wear it all day. The best part is that they are very inexpensive so even if you already have a more substantial rig such as the CB, it is a no brainer to have the Remora as an alternate for the reasons I mentioned. Another advantage is that one size range will fit several different guns of similar proportions. Its always nice to have options.[wink]

Yes, as a matter of fact I own both and love them for different reasons. I would never say that the Remora is the "be all, end all" holster, but it is perfect for certain uses. For instance, I have a CB and Remora for my SR9c. I use the CB as the primary holster for every day, all day comfort and security with that gun, but use the Remora when I wear shorts or sweats with no belt, or for quick "grab and go", such as running out to the convenience store when I don't have the CB already in place because its much faster than messing with CB. For a smaller, lighter gun such as my BG380, I don't really feel the need for a CB as the Remora is super comfortable and rock solid to wear it all day. The best part is that they are very inexpensive so even if you already have a more substantial rig such as the CB, it is a no brainer to have the Remora as an alternate for the reasons I mentioned. Another advantage is that one size range will fit several different guns of similar proportions. Its always nice to have options.[wink]

Thanks +1

I bought one last night. Looking forward to having a holster that isn't the size of a textbook on my side

I bought one last night. Looking forward to having a holster that isn't the size of a textbook on my side

I didn't even mention that, but that is another very big advantage. One other one is that with a clip on holster, you are generally confined to certain places to wear them (such as 3-4 o'clock position). With this one, you can carry left, right, crossdraw, appendix, small of back, or almost any position that is comfortable with the particular gun you are carrying.

I ordered one this morning...excited to try it....although I've heard nothing but good things, I'm still skeptical.

Only other holster I have for my sr9c is a CB supertuck. Remora sounds great for a quick grab and go/summer concealment.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using Forum Runner

I ordered one this morning...excited to try it....although I've heard nothing but good things, I'm still skeptical.

Only other holster I have for my sr9c is a CB supertuck. Remora sounds great for a quick grab and go/summer concealment.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using Forum Runner

I actually bought mine a whim a couple of years ago at a gun show. I had never heard of them before, and the guy offered me one for $20 cash since they were about to pack up, so I figured "what the heck". Never regretted it, and ended buying another for the BG.

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

Where has this holster been all my life?

Just got it, and love it. No idea why I didn't buy one before.

I'm incompatible with any iwb holster I have touched. If you have no hips, don't bother. If you do, or can stand your belt synched two extra notches, the remora is awesome for the money.

Sent from my LT30p

Trampolines are responsible for more than 1 million ER visits a year (no, it's not the people bouncing on them that are responsible). We need to ban trampolines, boycott trampolines, register trampolines, and confiscate trampolines. You know for whom. BTW, Remoras are cool (except for the fish ones).

Back
Top Bottom