For those looking for a P365......

The gun BP and cabelas is selling is a watered down version , 1 mag , no night sights, unfinished slide , and no it’s not the mass compliant version so I’m not sure if they will be selling it to ma residents or not

If you figure the missing mag and night sights into the price the gun is actually going to cost you more at $399 than a normal one 😂😂

I didn't know that. I thought is was some sort of promo BPS/Cabela's was running and that it was the same as you'd buy at Precision Point or 4 Seasons. Thanks for the head's up.

The gun BP and cabelas is selling is a watered down version , 1 mag , no night sights, unfinished slide , and no it’s not the mass compliant version so I’m not sure if they will be selling it to ma residents or not

If you figure the missing mag and night sights into the price the gun is actually going to cost you more at $399 than a normal one 😂😂

Just curious the flyer (as far as I can tell) didn't say the P365 from Cabela's came with only one mag, an unfinished slide and no night sights. Did you read this somewhere or speak to someone who indicated that difference?

I called Cabela's in Berlin MA and the person I spoke to at the gun counter said it came with two magazines. He put me on hold and checked the box. When I asked about the sights he said they were green fluorescent. That didn't tell me if they were painted on or the X-Ray sights so I said are they the X-Ray sights he said that's what they came with so short of going there I can't say for sure but it sounds like the model they are selling is not a cheaped out version. If someone has some other info let me know. I want to buy it if there if they didn't cheap it out.

Last edited:
How isn’t this MA compliant if it’s 10 round magazine and a Manuel safety?

Sig makes both a “free state” with a manual safety (365-9-BXR3-MS) and a Mass. compliant one (365-9-BXR3-MS-MA). I believe the difference is that the Mass. compliant one has the notched barrel loaded chamber indicator (Mass. “consumer protection” rules require a loaded chamber indicator).

The Bass Pro circular for Hooksett, NH appears the be advertising the 365-9-TXR3, a two tone distributor exclusive not listed on the Sig site but available at the Sig Pro shop. The Cabela’s circular for Berlin, MA seems to be for the 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA.

It's been mentioned here and Sig has confirmed - BPS/Cabelas made an advertising error and the pistol advertised for $399 is actually a two tone gun with no night sights and 1 mag - not the gun that is pictured in the ad. I would not count on a BPS/Cabelas counter guy's word being accurate.

If Cabelas honors the $399.00 and substitutes the actual Mass approved model they will only be losing $20.00 per unit. Not great business practice for the corporate bean counters.

If Cabelas honors the $399.00 and substitutes the actual Mass approved model they will only be losing $20.00 per unit. Not great business practice for the corporate bean counters.

Not if people buy a whole bunch of other crap while they’re their. Ammo, cleaning/maintenance products, baselayers for winter hunting or skiing, gifts for the kids or others, etc. They can make that $20 really quickly.

Well the sale on P365's at Cabela's starts Wednesday (it's on their flyer and I confirmed with the gun counter sales person today) so if someone buys one let us know what you get. I was going to buy one but after being hit with 2 large surprise bills today I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

The Bass Pro circular for Hooksett, NH appears the be advertising the 365-9-TXR3, a two tone distributor exclusive not listed on the Sig site but available at the Sig Pro shop. The Cabela’s circular for Berlin, MA seems to be for the 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA.

So, I don't see how Cabelas in Berlin can sell anything other than the MA compliant 365 which is X Ray sights. Both SKU's above have X Ray night sights. That's what the "XR" is in the SKU. I guess someone is going to have to go there to actually see the gun. I'd never take the word over the phone from any of those employees.

So, I don't see how Cabelas in Berlin can sell anything other than the MA compliant 365 which is X Ray sights. Both SKU's above have X Ray night sights. That's what the "XR" is in the SKU. I guess someone is going to have to go there to actually see the gun. I'd never take the word over the phone from any of those employees.

Didn't that Cabelas sell a bunch of Glock 43s before they realized what they were doing?

I dont think so, not if it only has 1 mag and no night sites at$399.

Agreed. A spare mag alone is like $40, and I'm sure Sig spec night sights are at least $100 (probably well more). I do wonder what that "unfinished slide" that people mentioned here means. Like, no special coating/treatment?

If that's true, there could be a market here for this SKU. Those with compatible sights on hand (are these unique or common?) who would end up cerakoting it anyway. Still would be a better option at $350. given the bare-bones nature, but I suppose everything would be better, cheaper.

I'm interested if I decide to brave black Friday, I'll take a look.

I already have one with the night sights and complete without a safety.

I'm interested if I decide to brave black Friday, I'll take a look.

I already have one with the night sights and complete without a safety.

I didn't have a chance to go but their flyer and the sales person at the gun counter who spoke with me when I called said the sale started today through Friday.

Agreed. A spare mag alone is like $40, and I'm sure Sig spec night sights are at least $100 (probably well more). I do wonder what that "unfinished slide" that people mentioned here means. Like, no special coating/treatment?

If that's true, there could be a market here for this SKU. Those with compatible sights on hand (are these unique or common?) who would end up cerakoting it anyway. Still would be a better option at $350. given the bare-bones nature, but I suppose everything would be better, cheaper.
The NH version is bare bones.

Here's the info on their website:

It is model # 365-9-T-E which you won't find anywhere else, no night sights.
Manufacturer model #: 365-9-T-E.

• Polymer-frame, striker-fired
  • Smooth, consistent trigger pull
  • Serialized, steel fire control unit
  • Natural stainless steel slide
  • Front and rear slide serrations
  • Ergonomic textured grip
  • White Dot contrast sights
  • Integral slim-line rail
  • No external manual safety
No idea what model they are selling in MA.

Berlin shows $499 and out of stock. I'm guessing they stiffed buyers.

I spoke with the gun counter at the Cabela’s in Berlin tonight (8:15 PM Wednesday). He told me the one for the sale is the standard model with night sights and 2 magazines. He said they originally had 300 in stock and so far have sold about 30. Go get em.

I spoke with the gun counter at the Cabela’s in Berlin tonight (8:15 PM Wednesday). He told me the one for the sale is the standard model with night sights and 2 magazines. He said they originally had 300 in stock and so far have sold about 30. Go get em.

So I was at Cabela’s this morning. The P365 is the full Mass version. It includes night sights and two magazines. The body is the standard black nitron. You can buy a gift card for 10% off today, and maybe tomorrow. The total cost including tax is $382.50.

So I was at Cabela’s this morning. The P365 is the full Mass version. It includes night sights and two magazines. The body is the standard black nitron. You can buy a gift card for 10% off today, and maybe tomorrow. The total cost including tax is $382.50.

The $382.50 is the cost of a $425 gift card ($400 for the gun and $25 tax).

As an FYI I moved a month ago and my address with the firearms records bureau was not updated yet by the state even though they received my paperwork. I’ll have to go back to Cabela’s to pickup my P365 but if you have that happen you can update your address over the phone with the state at (617)-660-4722 .

Interestingly, it looks like those in MA get a deal here. Those in NH/ME get a bastardized version for the same money. I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom