1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

For the boys who will date my daughter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blindfire, Jul 6, 2019.

1. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Oh man...this is for all the dads of daughters out there. Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Enjoy

commodon and wmccurdy53 like this.
  2. JZ1018

JZ1018

I used to tell people that because I have 2 daughters is why I own 2 shotguns.

3. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

4. KVX

KVX

The "men" that has to threaten or intimidate "boys" that date their "daughter", those men are compensating for their failure at teaching their daughters to choose properly. the "boys" she dates.

Addendum: Boys have fathers that have guns and bullets too.

Addendum 2: When these "men" are in jail for going after "boys", or these "men" are in the ground (cemetery) , the "daughter" and mother/wife are being ran thru like a car wash, because there's no "father/husband" to protect her/them.

Why some people believe because they own guns, that makes them invincible ?

#FailedParents

5. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Making sure they vote properly is the first step.

6. bauer

bauer NES Member

I 100% look forward to having fun with/mildly intimidating the boys my daughter dates, not out of any mistrust of my daughters ability to choose (or poor parenting skills on my part—I hope), but simply for the fact that’s it’s a rite of passage that we all likely (to some extent) had to endure, and also because I will personally derive a bit of morbid pleasure out of the good natured torment I intend to inflict. I’ve already mastered my “listen buddy, I’ve lived a good life and don’t mind going back to jail” speech. Delivery should be epic when my daughter starts dating in 40 years

:)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    kevin9, Super99Z and Radtekk like this.
  7. tuna

tuna NES Member

89FF0360-0F81-419B-9B11-2A1ECDDF5341.jpeg

AHM, daekken, Brin747 and 9 others like this.
  8. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Forum Curmudgeon NES Member

Lighten up Francine......and you forgot your pink hat!

9. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

My daughters are 18 and 20. Both of them have been "taught" for years what to expect and how to behave. I still open and hold doors for them AND my wife, walk on the outside, hold their coats, pull out their chairs, etc. They are all three VERY much my Ladies and my babies and know it.

Of all the tongue-in-cheek memes about "The rules for dating my daughter" the most relevant is "If you make her cry I'll make YOU cry." It's incredibly simple. If the boy doesn't respect and value her life, his life is of no value to me.

It's not sexism or mysogyny, it's respect and love. I would run into a burning building to rescue them, and jump in front of a knife or bullet faster than the best Secret Service agent to protect them. They are NOT the "weaker" sex, but they ARE fairer. This is what they deserve, and what it is my privilege to give them. Not what they expect or what I am obligated to do.

Any man who doesn't raise his son to act this way or his daughter to be treated this way is a poor excuse for a father and husband and deserving of pity at least and derision at most. Any BOY who hasn't been taught thses values and behaviors will NEVER be a man, and doesn't deserve the Lady that is my daughter. And any father that raises his daughter to think she is therefor entitled to treat her man like a whipping boy or ATM "because daddy..." is JUST as much a failure. A true Lady ACTS like a Lady because she's been shown.

It's not bluff and bluster, has nothing to do with guns or puffery or dick measuring. It's a simple zero-sum equation. And that boys father who also has guns and bullets? If my son treated a woman badly enough that HER father needed to be involved, he'd better hurry up because there might not be much left. I know MY 85 year old father would put a whoopin' on me if he saw fit.

Some things are simple. Some aren't. This one is.

10. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

I was at the marina yesterday and saw 2 daughters. I was so glad they weren’t mine. The father was also on the dock and I’m so happy they weren’t mine.
    He looked at me but I’m much smarter than that. I smiled respectfully to him and said enjoy your day on the water.

I have many friends with beautiful daughters. I don’t know how they do it but when their boys show up with drop dead girlfriends they make a comment of wow.

It must be a coming to right moment.

11. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

I am a single father who raised my 2 daughters by myself, their mother lives 1500 miles away and has very little to do with her daughters. I think I did a pretty good job of it. My oldest is 20 years old and is in a serious relationship with a young man I approve of, she has only been in 2 relationships. He just turned 23, has worked as a prison guard for several years and is in the National Guard. We go shooting together when he comes to visit.
    I think the problem is when a girl doesn't have a positive male role model in their life.

blindfire and Varmint like this.
  12. Pete85

Pete85

NSFW...language.

Skysoldier and Fishfinder like this.
  13. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

AHM and Radtekk like this.
  14. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

This is me. They generally listen when I explain "the rules". Both my girls shoot, any boy that objects or is afraid of g-g-g-gunz doesn't last long enough to meet me. They don't like liberals either:D And they both have HIGHLY refined BS detectors to go along with graduate level skill in snarkasm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  15. whatluck

whatluck

Ms Luck's dad: Wanna see my guns?
    Me: Wanna see mine?

drgrant likes this.
  16. Chrisf350

Chrisf350

Thankfully not everyone does a great job, women with daddy issues are more fun

Varmint likes this.
  17. KVX

KVX

Lighten up Francesca... you forget your purse.

18. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

You must be a blast at parties.

tuna likes this.
  19. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

[​IMG]

AHM likes this.
  20. boiler_eng

boiler_eng NES Member

Wife: My father said he was going to start cleaning his guns when you visit.

Me: Is it polite to help? Just watch?

whatluck and BlueOwl like this.
  21. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Dude, you're new around here. If there's ANYBODY here that has proven his mettle it's Sky.

22. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

odd way this thread has gone off kilter.
    You guys DO realize we all, since a very early age, taught our daughters to be excellent shots with both rifle and handgun.

go ahead, "make their day"

Radtekk and blindfire like this.
  23. hennypenny

hennypenny NES Member

My daughters have all the mercy and tenderness of Wednesday Addams. Not me anyone needs to worry about.

Super99Z, Sauer Grapes and Radtekk like this.
  24. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

It was a joke dude..

blindfire likes this.
  25. zboys

zboys NES Member

I have 3 son's, thank god!

daddysuperfly and Radtekk like this.
  26. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Something I gave my daughter when she turned about 15. I know she's shared it with at least one guy; maybe more.

TEN SIMPLE RULES FOR DATING MY DAUGHTER

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure as hell not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open-minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, having sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five: It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little princess, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sensual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old-folks homes are better.

Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot-bellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless God of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

kevin9 likes this.
  27. Brin747

Brin747 NES Member

28. Sauer Grapes

Sauer Grapes NES Member

Says Barney Stinson.........lol