For once, Rhode Island is ahead of the curve.

With the recent release of LTC holders through out the country in newspapers and online, and lawmakers scrambling to introduce bills to prevent it. I just noticed that RI is one step ahead, for once.

RIGL 11-47-11. section b:Notwithstanding any other chapter or section of the general laws of the state of Rhode Island, the licensing authority of any city or town shall not provide or release to any individual, firm, association or corporation the name, address, or date of birth of any person who has held or currently holds a license or permit to carry a concealed pistol or revolver. This section shall not be construed to prohibit the release of any statistical data of a general nature relative to age, gender and racial or ethnic background nor shall it be construed to prevent the release of information to parties involved in any prosecution of § 11-47-8 or in response to a lawful subpoena in any criminal or civil action which the person is a party to that action.

Might have something to do with the fact that in RI a higher percentage of CCW holders are likely people in positions of power and influence, at least compared to any other state in New England.

Not saying its a bad thing, but just that the motive might be not what we would typically think it is....

-Mike

I consider Rhode Island a very libertarian state that has sadly recently been overrun by moonbats and libertards. Hell, up until a couple years ago prostitution was completely legal as long as it happened indoors. Not that I am a patron of brothels but when it happened in the late 1970's, that said a lot about this state. Rhode Island has lost a lot of what once made it special, now it is just a ma**h***-in-training.

I consider Rhode Island a very libertarian state that has sadly recently been overrun by moonbats and libertards. Hell, up until a couple years ago prostitution was completely legal as long as it happened indoors. Not that I am a patron of brothels but when it happened in the late 1970's, that said a lot about this state. Rhode Island has lost a lot of what once made it special, now it is just a ma**h***-in-training.

Yeah it's too bad that the ma**h***s are spreading out to NH, probably the only sane state in the Northeast.

Back
Top Bottom