• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For all you Glock fans out there. Say good by to Gen 4 production

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member

While the Georgia-based company will keep making Gen 3 guns for the California market, the Gen 4 is going away in lieu of newer Gen 5 Glocks in some calibers.
The iconic polymer pistol maker announced that fundamentally the 5th Generation guns will be the standard moving forward on their 9mm and .40S&W offerings.

What does this mean? Grips? No grips? Glock is so crazy with their designs I'm super excited to see what they do next!!

What does this mean? Grips? No grips? Glock is so crazy with their designs I'm super excited to see what they do next!!

[rofl]

I think the biggest difference is the barrel, specifically its rifling.

But, here's a decent article: Glock 19 Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Comparison :: Guns.com

I just acquired a G43X, and I had my G43 (gen 4), on the bench at the same time. I noticed that the slide's slightly different, the front of it's "beveled" on the new gun, and the finish is different. IMG_1358.JPG

They really messed up the grip on the gen 5 17. Feels like holding a brick. Blocky, square and not comfortable in the hand.

They really messed up the grip on the gen 5 17. Feels like holding a brick. Blocky, square and not comfortable in the hand.

C'mon . You guys need to start using a Sarcasm Smiley or something. LOL

And the only perfection was the Supreme Being in The Fifth Element. I'd even take A-cups and be OK. ;)

All the Glock production from Gen3 to Gen1 no longer has patent protection

Glock changes the design just a C hair and they get 20 years of patent protection

That is why all the P80 stuff is to Gen3 , they can't copy the Gen4 or Gen5 designs without patent infringement

Ironically it was gen 4 that finally made me like any Glock, but not enough to make me pay a premium for another gen 4.

I too like my gen 4. Even as a lefty I like it better then the ambi slide release since my grip has my left thumb on the slide release, thusly it doesn't lock back unless I change my grip, which will take some getting used to.

I googled that, (well, technically duckduckgo), and - yeah, no.

There are better pictures of Milla
MV5BODczMTg0MDMwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgxMDY0OA@@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

51cZUrSINNL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda bummed. I love the finger grooves.

There's nothing to be bummed about, there are likely many thousands of them in the channel and they're not going to go away
quickly. And if you'd ever run a Gen5 you would forget about the finger grooves in about 10 seconds.

Realistically right now this only means that 17/19/26/34 etc won't be offered in Gen4 trim anymore. They still haven't made Gen5s for the other models
yet. Hopefully this means that is coming.

Back
Top Bottom