• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For $20,000, You Can Start Printing Pistols that Work, and the World Now Knows How

Whenever someone buys a gun in the United States, the receiver is recorded in a national registry.

He is already thinking about new project. He recently heard from another Texan who wants to collaborate with him. The man makes do-it-yourself drones.

These people scare easily.

What a steaming load of crap...

article said:
he has introduced a new danger to the world, one that's invisible and free.

BS, he has simply pointed out the absurdity of existing and proposed laws. $20,000 is not free, nor will it ever be free to print. Nor is it currently impossible to build a metal gun relatively cheaply from say, a shovel...

Even the hard part of the barrel can be done with enough drive to build the rifling machine.

Of course I am over complicating it since you can make a pipe-shotgun for nothing, a teenager on YouTube has made a quite capable one with what appears to be minimal supervision/help.

What he [Cody] has done is exactly what he says he wanted to do which was open people's eyes to the possibilities of individuals arming themselves. Many have pointed out that on a per capita basis, despite all the wars and violence, individuals have gotten safer inversely proportional to the cost and availability of small arms.

Government cannot oppress people and crime cannot victimize people the way it used to. The only thing now standing in the way of the true end to genocide and oppression is culture itself. Culture of victimization as progressives teach and culture of caste systems that convince people their lives are worth less or nothing than someone else's.

Technologically, Cody's dream/statement of arms for anyone who wants then has been true for a long time and the tantalizing promise of freedom and peace that this actually brings has been demonstrated. Most successfully here in the US. We were the first national example of a people armed to the teeth and safer for it by design.

Intere.sting that the author felt compelled to point out that a rifle and shotgun were both black--ooh, scary.

He is correct that 3D printing, aka rapid prototyping will change our world. Boeing is already using it to produce precision aircraft parts, others are using it to produce replacement parts for humans. The sky is the limit.

This just in: For a few more dollars anyone can buy a CNC machine and make them out of real metal!

Okay, okay. More than a "few" dollars.

A student from Texas has invented a plastic pistol that anyone can make with a 3-D printer. It is undetectable by metal detectors and capable of killing. And it is spreading unchecked across the continents.

Is this true? I thought the firing pin would have to be metal. Never mind the actual ammunition...

semi-automatic assault rifle

Obligatory oxymoron use by a moron?

Last edited:
There is a company that is trying to bring a $1,200.00 or so CNC machine to market. It's about the size of a milk crate, designed to be carried, and just requires a computer to run it. They have a working prototype and are working to bring it to market. The designers are all experience engineers, so it's not some guy in his garage. They aren't, at least not from what I've read, gun people. In fact they designed it for making circuit boards. No reason it can't be used to finish an 80% lower, though.

BS, he has simply pointed out the absurdity of existing and proposed laws. $20,000 is not free, nor will it ever be free to print. Nor is it currently impossible to build a metal gun relatively cheaply from say, a shovel...

Better not tell these panty wetters about P.A. Luty
Book History (Disclaimer: Attempting to build pretty much any of his plans would be illegal - do not do it)
I decided it was time for action. Words and reason were an insufficient weapon against lies and misinformation. I had to illuminate the true motivations behind the anti-gun lobby and show the futility of attempting to control who may own a gun and who may not. I decided the best way of dispelling the cosy myths expounded by the gun grabbers was to write a book! A controversial book, something that would rock the flimsy foundations of the anti-gun ideology.
The irony of the whole story though is this: it was those responsible for the hand-gun ban whom I have to thank for ‘Expedient Homemade Firearms’. If it were not for the anti-gun lobby, neither the book or this web site would exist!

Watch till the end.... the attentive viewer & reader will notice that the machine pistol at the end bears a striking resemblance to Luty's submachine gun design....

The Mantra of the [STRIKE=British]British[/STRIKE] Massachusetts Gun Owner
The Mantra of the British 'Gun Owner'

ETA: Disclaimer - pretty much everything at that site is extremely illegal to do. It is for educational purposes only - don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's inevitable that both law abiding and otherwise will want access to 3D printing of various goods including firearms. I can also see that .gov could ban firearm manufacturing/printing for personal use only, like the shovel ak, with a stroke of pen. As long as the capability and accessibility are there, people will do it, though. The future is bright, right?

Government cannot oppress people and crime cannot victimize people the way it used to. The only thing now standing in the way of the true end to genocide and oppression is culture itself. Culture of victimization as progressives teach and culture of caste systems that convince people their lives are worth less or nothing than someone else's.

Preach it Brother!

That is the single biggest fallacy of Affirmative Action - it starts from the premise that you are inferior to others. Which is plain and simple bull shit!

ETA: HI! NSA [wave]

Last edited:
... The designers are all experience engineers, so it's not some guy in his garage. ...

Ronnie Barrett did a fine job building, literally, out of his garage:

barret.jpg

Ronnie Barrett did a fine job building, literally, out of his garage:

The British designed the Sten gun to be built in basements by the resistance. That's why it could accept German machine pistol magazines. The Israelis in the run up to independence built them in their basements, along with ammunition. There is a set of instructions on how to build a 9mm sub gun using plumbing parts floating around on the internet. I would guess that any number of people who read this forum have the equipment in their basement to build that and any number of other guns.

A nation (ours) which can't stop millions of tons of illegal drugs from entering the country is hardly more likely to be able to stop guns from coming into the country.

The machine that I linked to could very likely be used to make complete lowers or at the least finish 80% AR or 1911 frames. Even if the other components were to be outlawed, it would just add to the time to build and do little more to stop people from making guns in their basements. Unless they ban scrap metal and regulate the sale of pipe, sheet metal, and the like.

i laugh my ass off at the sheep scared by 3D printers, even if you have the printer, you need the know-how to design your own shit, or you need some understanding of the 3D programs to view/edit the models, THEN you have to pay for the media which isn't cheap. it's all so stupid.

As has been said, arnt C&C machines actualy cheaper and you can build out of real metal?

I know I just saw an add in one of the gun mags for a CNC for something like $8K (sure its a stripped down version but it will still work)

Good software like MasterCam is very expensive.

As has been said, arnt C&C machines actualy cheaper and you can build out of real metal?

I know I just saw an add in one of the gun mags for a CNC for something like $8K (sure its a stripped down version but it will still work)

There is a company that is trying to bring a $1,200.00 or so CNC machine to market. It's about the size of a milk crate, designed to be carried, and just requires a computer to run it. They have a working prototype and are working to bring it to market. The designers are all experience engineers, so it's not some guy in his garage. They aren't, at least not from what I've read, gun people. In fact they designed it for making circuit boards. No reason it can't be used to finish an 80% lower, though.
Some students at MIT created a prototype of a device that would mill or 3D print about five years ago.

To get accuracy you need rigidity. You're not going to get that with something from a suitcase. Might as well buy some digital calipers and a good collection of files.

BTW to be a machinist at Rolls Royce, you had to file a round square rod into a square. Then you had to file a hole in a sheet of brass that fit so tight you couldn't see daylight through the joint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom