• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Food, Ammo and Gold

(and toilet paper)

You can never have enough. Enough with the jokes. I am getting worried and my planning has gone into advanced stages. Anybody else?

I managed to bring home 2000 rounds combined of 9mm and 40 last week and have another 1000 rds of 9mm coming next week.

Good point about the TP though, looks like I am off to the store today [thinking]

Don't forget the other toiletries. Proctor&Gamble is going to be raising the prices of all their products soon.

The proposed gas tax is going to contribute to even higher prices due to fuel and delivery costs.

Welcome to the inflation stage of the downward spiral.

We have to agree on the essential items. We usually buy a yrs worth but this coming week we'll be buying 2 yrs worth instead. Inflation is slowly creeping, so hedge now because you will save money later.

toothpaste
shaving cream
q-tips
mouthwash
shampoo dad, mom, kids
soap Irish Spring :)
body wash wife
toothbrushes
floss
razors

simple green
floor cleaner
bleech
pads

First aid items
cold meds
flu meds
IB
child meds
tums :)

Some of the items on our list. Just things to consider :)

Add to list if you like

I saw cartons of milk yesterday that store w/out refrigeration. I may add some of these to my kit. They keep for a couple months with out opening them.. Rotate them through and be ready.

Not so much on the PM's, the majority of sheeple wouldn't know what their reasonable worth was even in good times.
(This has been discussed here plenty of times, doing a search will do ya some good. [wink] )

I'm not gonna use ammo for barter unless I know the person reall, really well.
But yeah, I've been setting some aside. Also been stocking surplus wool blankets, candles and similar for trade goods. IMHO, better than PM's.

Having recently downsized our living quarters we are adapting and finding new ways to set aside our beans, bullets and bandaids.

That boxed milk (Parmalat ?) is good for medium term storage but powdered milk can last longer and you can store it in an unheated outbuilding without worring about it freezing. I'd suggest trying several brands to find one your family likes.

I'm currently only spending money on survival related stuff....

So basically, ammo, guns, food, silver, gold, gasoline, non-electricity based kitchen stuff. And am hoping in the next few months to start raising animals.

T.P. is very impotant. We have a stock pile of it. We like to wait till Market Basket has a big sale on their paper goods. They usually have one about 1X a month. Then we stock up more. They have a good connection with a local company, and get a great price on their brand name T.P.

T.P. is very impotant. We have a stock pile of it. We like to wait till Market Basket has a big sale on their paper goods. They usually have one about 1X a month. Then we stock up more. They have a good connection with a local company, and get a great price on their brand name T.P.

I spotted this recently. I'm not throwing out any more corn cobs.

Does anyone stock up on ammo ever think that they could use that to trade later on down the line if things get really bad?

Ammo as currency!

Does anyone stock up on ammo ever think that they could use that to trade later on down the line if things get really bad?

Ammo as currency!

Could very well be. Not my intention. Just want to make sure I have enough to pursue my hobbie(s) in whatever venue. Saving all brass...that may be adifferent story in the future. [grin]

Ammo as currency!

I didn't want to drift the thread... but as far as ammo as currency, think carefully about whom you give that to.

They could be using it against you. There are other less lethal trade goods.
Surplus wool blankets, matches, candles, spices, small bottles of liquer

...oh yeah, and toilet paper.

i think considering the thing that are going on in the world, this is all very serious, makes me think i should start planning.

I think i need to really think about this
I have been thinking a lot lately anyway

I need to be around like minded people!

Then DO so. What's stopping you? Like minded people? You mean like the folks in this area? Are you serious? [grin]

Then DO so. What's stopping you? Like minded people? You mean like the folks in this area? Are you serious? [grin]

Yeah I'm serious, i do think i need to be around like minded people, if they are in this area or not i don't know.....if that's what you mean?
i want to be prepared for anything that happens, considering the world today i think it could be a lot of different things..

Yeah I'm serious, i do think i need to be around like minded people, if they are in this area or not i don't know.....if that's what you mean?
i want to be prepared for anything that happens, considering the world today i think it could be a lot of different things..

Then perhaps you need to state exactly what it is you are looking for. State it very clearly and there is no doubt in my mind that you will receive answers.

BTW a "link" to someone else or some othe place is NOT a clear statement. Looking for your "personal" words. [grin]

If you are interested in connecting with like-minded folks and or learning more about being prepared, clicky the link I provided. Introduce yourself and then visit the regional bunker area. Like NES, the folks are supportive, helpful and passionate about their rights as Americans. While we enjoy our debates, you will no find any hate-spewing crackpots there.

While NES will provide much better info/discussion for firearm related topics, thought this might be another resource for you.

Sorry, more saying so little, but I post there and lurk here. By the time I make my way to NES, I'm usually all talked out.[smile] I'll try to reserve more energy for here.

Back to the topic of shit paper... In Patriots they get a bunch of old yellow pages phone books and use them as Tp. Just my .02 Cents.

Back
Top Bottom