• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Following Trump Election UMass Offers Grief Counseling for Students

As someone who works at a major college in MA, today will be my first day back since the election. It's going to be really, really hard to keep a straight face at work- Honestly, I'm kind of shitting bricks about it.

Not all institutions of higher learning are bastions of moonbattery:
This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University! by Dr. Everett Piper, President, Oklahoma Wesleyan University:
This past week, I actually had a student come forward after a university chapel service and complain because he felt “victimized” by a sermon on the topic of 1 Corinthians 13. It appears this young scholar felt offended because a homily on love made him feel bad for not showing love. In his mind, the speaker was wrong for making him, and his peers, feel uncomfortable.
So here’s my advice:

If you want the chaplain to tell you you’re a victim rather than tell you that you need virtue, this may not be the university you’re looking for. If you want to complain about a sermon that makes you feel less than loving for not showing love, this might be the wrong place.
Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a “safe place”, but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn’t about you, but about others; that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt; that the way to address it is to repent of everything that’s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that’s wrong with them. This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up.

This is not a day care. This is a university.

My Daughter is at UMASS now. She and probably the majority of students there see right through this nonsense. A lot of these kids have never heard the word no have been never cut from a team and had parents hovering over them protecting them from any kind of perceived failure or danger. My selfish view is to look at these foolish kids as future competition for my kids and it makes happy.

I told her you can learn a lot about people in times like these.

And this right here, "grief counseling" is the exact reason why Trump won! At least there are still those in this country that have some backbone & are sick & tired of all these ridiculous participation trophy times we're living in.

My sisters next door neighbor is a UMASS professor, she's an Anti Israel Pro Palestine Jew......these people have no clue what's good for them and who their actual enemies. I asked her one time WTF ever happened to NEVER AGAIN, she never spoke to me again.

Now what are the odds that if trump lost they would offer greif counseling?

And how about my moonbat state of MA. They legalize weed and vote no on charter schools. Got to have the cash for the teachers union so they can do crap like this and keep these pansies in line.

The average yearly salary for Charter School Teacher in Boston, Massachusetts is $58,260
The median annual Public School Teacher salary in Boston, MA is $60,628

According to the study, the average salary of public school teachers in Natick last year was $66,893
The average yearly salary for Charter School Teacher in Natick, Massachusetts is $102,164

Not all institutions of higher learning are bastions of moonbattery:
This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University! by Dr. Everett Piper, President, Oklahoma Wesleyan University:

Score one for my home state. I am too busy and lazy to look at every state's election returns, but I do know that EVERY SINGLE COUNTY in OK went red. Maybe there are more states like that; I don't know but if so, kudos.

Even our "big city" OKC (actually the 8th largest city in the US in terms of area) went red.

Can you hear us now?

Oh yeah, work today was a shit show. People are legitimately terrified of the shit they see on Facebook and then you got one guy who ****s something up and everybody gets paranoid. For instance- somebody wrote some racist shit on the MBTA today- people are up in arms like its the end of the world, literally saw somebody hug it out with a co-worker because they were so scared of the future.

People have no ****ing common sense anymore.

When I was in high school one of the students had MD was wheelchair bound etc. He died before he could graduate. There was a nice memorial page in the school yearbook and that was it. There were no grief counselors and we all accepted that he died and we're saddened for the family but that was a far as it went. HRC lost her supporters have the right to be unhappy but to breakdown into quivering mass of jello is just beyond reality. I'm in my 60s had a lot of good times and probably just as many bad and other than deaths in the family I don't recall turning into the emotional basket case these kids are becoming. God forbid when they get into the real world there'll be thorazine in the vending machine next to the Doriots .

Back
Top Bottom