• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Followed home from the range

Ok, so as the title says, my buddy and I were followed home from BRP just now. We were packing our gear into the car when a blacked out car comes into the lot, goes to the end, bangs a u-turn and slowly passes us before heading back towards the main lot. We thought it was odd but didn't think much more. Then as we are heading out, we notice the same car idling in the main lot across parking spaces. I had to run inside for a second and when I came out, he was still there watching my buddy. At this point we assumed it was a cop and as we leave he follows, taking every turn, getting on the highway, changing lanes with us, and eventually gets off at the last Braintree exit. Has anyone else had this happen there or am I just being paranoid? I've been going there for over a year and thought it was pretty odd.

So that was you who I was following! You forgot to pick up your brass.

Sarcasm

2 Simple solutions

a) Drive straight to your worst enemies house and pull into their driveway or

b) Go back to the range post a message here on NES what's happening and where they will be following you to. Have your buddy post your location every few minutes. [smile]

There should be an NES open carry BBQ going on at all times, so folks like this have a place to go with their followers.

Wonder if the OP reported seeing aliens or UFOs...could be the real MiB...not that fake Hollywood crap with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones...but the real deal MiB.

[tinfoil]

Where I live, the Police are few and far between. You learn to watch out for yourself and your neighbors. If all the bad guys have to worry about is the Police, they can pretty much do what they want. If they have to worry about all the rest of us, they find something else to do, or someplace else to do it.

We had an incident on my road just last week. I won't go into a ton of detail, but suspicious guys parked in neighbors dooryard, another neighbor goes and asks them "WTF are you guys doing over here?". They stumble around, stammer, and basically beat feeet out of there. Good neighbor gets Lic. plate # and it gets forwarded to the Sherrif Dept.. Dirt Bags now know they might want to move on to another area. That's called community policing.

I've never lived anywhere else, so I don't know the dangers you guys have down there. Maybe what I described wouldn't be a good play down there; I don't know. I wouldn't live in a place where it wasn't.

I suppose. Depends on how you do it. If one does it in a way that elevates the situation, then a (potential) claim of self defense would not be iron-clad IMHO.

You think running someone (who might be a cop) off the road is a good idea?

No.

But setting up an ambush that can be triggered IF the follower is not a cop IS a good idea.

It pays to have friends that will do so for you.

I suppose. Depends on how you do it. If one does it in a way that elevates the situation, then a (potential) claim of self defense would not be iron-clad IMHO.

In his neck of the woods, any intruders left after the gun fight would be fed to the pigs or to the wood chipper.

Pigs are better, they don't leave DNA evidence.

It seemed strange to me that while being involved with this thread a similar situation occurred to me. I was heading home and was changing lanes on 93 to approach my exit. As I changed each of 2 times a black SUV stayed right behind me. No big deal. I take a lot of side road shortcuts to get home and with all the twists and turns this SUV mimics me the whole way. I start wondering wtf and took a couple illogical turns for my destination and it was still there. As I was on the road to my street, I was a bit apprehensive, so I pulled over in front of a random house( I have an electrical van) and the vehicle drove right by, never glanced over, and continued on without hesitation. I guess my point is it was just coincidence. Oh, and there was a woman driver. I think from growing up in the environment I did has made me ultra aware of my surroundings and potential danger from scumbags. I am not paranoid, but lets say it wouldn't be easy to catch me off guard. For me I will always treat a potential threat as real until it becomes not so, the old "better safe than sorry".

It seemed strange to me that while being involved with this thread a similar situation occurred to me. I was heading home and was changing lanes on 93 to approach my exit. As I changed each of 2 times a black SUV stayed right behind me. No big deal. I take a lot of side road shortcuts to get home and with all the twists and turns this SUV mimics me the whole way. I start wondering wtf and took a couple illogical turns for my destination and it was still there. As I was on the road to my street, I was a bit apprehensive, so I pulled over in front of a random house( I have an electrical van) and the vehicle drove right by, never glanced over, and continued on without hesitation. I guess my point is it was just coincidence. Oh, and there was a woman driver. I think from growing up in the environment I did has made me ultra aware of my surroundings and potential danger from scumbags. I am not paranoid, but lets say it wouldn't be easy to catch me off guard. For me I will always treat a potential threat as real until it becomes not so, the old "better safe than sorry".

If it was ATF they would already know your address, so by stopping in front of someone else's house either:

1) They now KNOW you made them and will be more careful, or
2) They fell for it and the raid scheduled for tomorrow night will result in your innocent neighbor's dog being killed. (so hopefully you picked a neighbor you don't like)

Someone (M1911?) suggested making several right hand turns (basically making a loop before continuing on your way). Unless the person following you is using multiple cars and central coordination you should be able to detect / shake tails and frankly, if they are, it's too late for you - nice to know you - will your guns to me please...

However, more than likely it was a soccer mom going to pick up her kids.

If it was ATF they would already know your address, so by stopping in front of someone else's house either:

1) They now KNOW you made them and will be more careful, or
2) They fell for it and the raid scheduled for tomorrow night will result in your innocent neighbor's dog being killed. (so hopefully you picked a neighbor you don't like)

Someone (M1911?) suggested making several right hand turns (basically making a loop before continuing on your way). Unless the person following you is using multiple cars and central coordination you should be able to detect / shake tails and frankly, if they are, it's too late for you - nice to know you - will your guns to me please...

However, more than likely it was a soccer mom going to pick up her kids.

Very funny! But also true![smile]

Someone (M1911?) suggested making several right hand turns (basically making a loop before continuing on your way).
Yup, that was me. Take three right turns so that you end up driving in a loop, back on the road where you started. It is nonsensical to drive that way, so if a car behind you does the same, then you know they are following you and it is not coincidence. That's when you call the police on your cell and start to drive to the nearest police station.

Yup, that was me. Take three right turns so that you end up driving in a loop, back on the road where you started. It is nonsensical to drive that way, so if a car behind you does the same, then you know they are following you and it is not coincidence. That's when you call the police on your cell and start to drive to the nearest police station.

I don't mean to pick nits, but wouldn't that be FOUR right turns? [laugh]

I did this once. I was leaving a function late night. Got on the highway. Noticed a car switching lanes with me. I made some obvious moves to see if they would follow. Yup. So i pull over on the highway and got out with a hammer i had lying around (Restricted A). Walked up to the window and to my surprise saw an extremely terrified looking girl. I asked what the hell she was doing. She had pulled out of the same lot at the function i had just left and thought i was her friend. We have the Same vehicle...

Never go home if youre being followed. Stopping at the police station would have been safer...just not as fun.

Why didn't you just pull over and see what happened? If it was a cop he would have pulled over with you and you could find out what he wanted. If it was a scumbag he would have kept going more than likely. I have had marked cruisers follow me and pulled over. When they pulled in behind me I simply explained that I don't like being followed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I did this once. I was leaving a function late night. Got on the highway. Noticed a car switching lanes with me. I made some obvious moves to see if they would follow. Yup. So i pull over on the highway and got out with a hammer i had lying around (Restricted A). Walked up to the window and to my surprise saw an extremely terrified looking girl. I asked what the hell she was doing. She had pulled out of the same lot at the function i had just left and thought i was her friend. We have the Same vehicle...

Never go home if youre being followed. Stopping at the police station would have been safer...just not as fun.

WTF?

Had this happen to me and my gf at the time about 15 years ago in Newton. I was young and "less courteous" on the road. Someone cuts us off or something so I laid on the horn for a good 5 seconds. Next thing we know the guy is following us. I took many awkward turns to try and shake him but he was still there. We called 911 after about 10 minutes of this and they advised us to go to the PD. I didn't know where that was but they directed us there over the phone. We pulled in and the guy took off. Sound advice for anyone in a similar situation. If for some reason you can't go to a PD station or your phone has no signal or is not present, then I would say going to a busy shopping center area would be your next best option (always leaving yourself a means of egress, of course).

On a side note, as I'm reading this thread I think of how much it sucks that we have to be afraid of our cops, the ones we pay to protect us. And before OfficerObie or any other LEO takes offense, understand I mean the cops "collectively". Certainly many, maybe most cops are decent and fair individuals. It's the ones who aren't coupled with the shitty laws that make us law-abiding citizens have to watch our backs for BGs and LEOs...

Back
Top Bottom