Foley not a Pedophile?

D

daceman63

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/9976869/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Disgraced former Rep. Mark Foley sought treatment for alcoholism and "other behavioral problems"

Foley resigned Friday after reports surfaced that he sent sexually explicit e-mails and instant messages to male teenage pages.

Foley also said he was grossly misunderstood when he was quoted as saying that sometimes he liked to unwind with a "little Johnnie Walker" [rofl]

I heard that on Lauren and Wally this morning. I thought it was kind of funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foley's attorney, David Roth ...also told CNN that Foley is "absolutely positively not a pedophile" and "has never ever had an inappropriate sexual contact with a minor in his life."

Translation:" He hasn't been caught in the act with a minor ...yet".

Apparently this was an open secret in Washington and people in both parties knew about it. That city is a cesspool. Ugh.

Anybody else hoping this blows up both parties?

The media will do its level best to insure it only blows up the (R).

Anyone else remember Michael "F**ked the babysitter" Kennedy's treatment in the media? They bent over backwards to remind us that the age of consent in MA is 16 - and conveniently ignored the fact that he was having sex with the girl when she was 14...

My only hope is that this is the only "October Surprise" in store. And let's face it, that's EXACTLY what this was. The media has had this story for quite some time, and "broke" it four weeks from the election in hopes of doing the most damage possible to the Republicans (who, need I remind you, were starting to gain ground...)

I wonder what else is waiting in the wings???

I find this whole thing disgusting. You have partisan people on both sides trying to make the story more than it is (Dems making him out to be a serial rapist, Republicans making him out to be Average Joe).

This is definetly behavior un-becoming of a congressman, and I'm glad he stepped down, and if any breakage of the law is found I hope they nail him to the wall. Weather somebody else got away with it, is troubling, but not relevent.

What really disgusts me is how he's using Alcoholism as a bunker to hide in. It seemed fishy when I heard it, it seems even worse now that I hear nobody saw him as a man with a drinking problem. (I had a relative who was an alcoholic whom I have never seen take a drink....but I HAD seen this person drunk on many occations)

Same thing with Patrick Kennedy checking into the Mayo twice in one year. They're discracing everybody who has tryed to fight thier addiction with this disease.

Makes me sick!

-Weer'd

She rocks!!! I have her first two books! Buy them and read them! An eye-opener for everybody especially if they are leftists. I'd munch Tammy's carpet any day! [smile] [grin]

The New Thought Police: Inside the Left's Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds

The Death of Right and Wrong: Exposing the Left's Assault on Our Culture and Values

Yup, he's a messed up dude but the scare thing is that he's not alone. There are more like him in DC than we all probably care to know about. Wait and see, there will be more lurid details about him and about others that are going to come out now. Ugh. The whole story is so sordid and icky that I almost hate hearing about it.

I find this whole thing disgusting. You have partisan people on both sides trying to make the story more than it is (Dems making him out to be a serial rapist, Republicans making him out to be Average Joe).

This is definetly behavior un-becoming of a congressman, and I'm glad he stepped down, and if any breakage of the law is found I hope they nail him to the wall. Weather somebody else got away with it, is troubling, but not relevent.

What really disgusts me is how he's using Alcoholism as a bunker to hide in. It seemed fishy when I heard it, it seems even worse now that I hear nobody saw him as a man with a drinking problem. (I had a relative who was an alcoholic whom I have never seen take a drink....but I HAD seen this person drunk on many occations)

Same thing with Patrick Kennedy checking into the Mayo twice in one year. They're discracing everybody who has tryed to fight thier addiction with this disease.

Makes me sick!

-Weer'd

Actually, he's not a pedophile. The pages that he approached were postpubescent. The wikipedia definition of pedophilia is "Pedophilia or paedophilia (see spelling differences) is the paraphilia of being sexually attracted primarily or exclusively to prepubescent or peripubescent children. Persons with this attraction are called pedophiles."

His actions were completely disgusting. But he's not a classic pedophile.

The same is true of many (but not all) of the Catholic priests in the recent scandals. Most of the priests (but not all) abused postbescent boys. It's still abuse, but a different kind of abuse.

I heard this http://www.drudgereport.com/ on Rush today. I just read it. I thought it was a bit wierd that the Page wound up hiring an attourney, but then again, if Foley is innocent, why did he bail?

This is going to get weirder. If the Drudge report is correct, then Foley committed no crime. I think he quit because he was convinced by the Republican leadership that it was the quickest way to kill the story. Which may or may not be so.

Of course the Democrats are going to be in a tough position if it turns out that there was no solicitation of under age kids.

Gary

Now it's on Drudge that he was goaded into those long and drawn out IMs as a prank. If I were part of anything that brought down a congressman I'd lawyer up too.

But you can't cheat an honest man. The prank worked cause everybody already knew foley was a sick bastard.

I love it when politicians act SOOOOO surprised when these thinks come to light. When the NJ governor McGreevey came out a few months back, all the politicians gasped !!!!

In reality, everyone knew he was gay a few years earlier but it was kept quiet otherwise he would probably never be elected to the office.

What I found interesting was Democrat talking heads stating that he should have been under closer scrutiny once the reports came in and they learned he might be a homosexual.

When did the Dems start believing that homos were pedos?

Ha, ha! You think the leftists won't throw queers under the bus when it suits them politically? Remember Clinton and the Defense of Marriage act?

When it is politically convenient, the leftists will do whatever is necessary to regain power.

What I found interesting was Democrat talking heads stating that he should have been under closer scrutiny once the reports came in and they learned he might be a homosexual.

When did the Dems start believing that homos were pedos?

forget being a pedophile, according to FOX news hes not even a republican anymore.

5d90524c98f7cf26b7f22364766dd93d.jpg

Ha, ha! You think the leftists won't throw queers under the bus when it suits them politically? Remember Clinton and the Defense of Marriage act?

When it is politically convenient, the leftists will do whatever is necessary to regain power.
And the right won't?! Good grief!

Lewis Black said "You know what the difference is between a Democrat and a Republican? The Democrats suck, and the Republicans blow!"

Quite true but the right does not pretend to adhere to the values of "diversity", etc. the way the left does. And the left, once in power, will promptly screw gun owners in the worst possible ways.

I'll make my stand with the right, thank you very much. The right has more ammo. [smile]

And the right won't?! Good grief!

Lewis Black said "You know what the difference is between a Democrat and a Republican? The Democrats suck, and the Republicans blow!"

Quite true but the right does not pretend to adhere to the values of "diversity", etc. the way the left does. And the left, once in power, will promptly screw gun owners in the worst possible ways.

I'll make my stand with the right, thank you very much. The right has more ammo. [smile]
Who needs diversity when you've got God, Guns and Gays? :p

But seriously, as a Democrat I wish most of the candidates would change their stance on guns. :(

does anyone here remember Gary Studds IIRC he plied a page with alcohol and all he got was a slap on the wrist.
was censured by the house and turned his back to them as as he was being read the riot act.

does anyone here remember Gary Studds IIRC he plied a page with alcohol and all he got was a slap on the wrist.
was censured by the house and turned his back to them as as he was being read the riot act.

He was repremanded by the House, which is below a censure. There are penalties attached to a censure. Studds was then re elected several more times and is only out of Congress because he retired.

There there's Barney Frank...

Gary

A while back, the governor of Louisiana, Ed Edwards, was running for re-election. A noted rogue, Edwards said that "The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy."

As we've seen in MA, the voters here do not think either to be a disqualification for office.

Back
Top Bottom