[email protected] Coronavirus project - use your gaming computer to help

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If you have a gaming computer with a good GPU, or even a recent laptop, consider joining to help.

Tom's Hardware https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/folding-at-home-worlds-top-supercomputers-coronavirus-covid-19

Propelled by average enthusiasts in their shared quest to defeat COVID-19, the [email protected] network is now pushing out 470 PetaFLOPS of raw compute power. To put that in perspective, that's twice as fast as Summit, the world's fastest supercomputer, making the network faster than any known supercomputer. It's also faster than the top seven supercomputers in the world, combined.

---------------------------------

Go here to install the software and join: Start folding – [email protected]
There is nothing special to configure, you can just run it with the default install.

Article and description: Coronavirus – What we’re doing and how you can help in simple terms – [email protected]

----------------------------------

My Commentary:

I'm running on a 1.5 year old laptop with a decent AMD Ryzen GPU built in. Seems to be worth running. Note that the Coronavirus project runs on the GPU and by default they will also run a cancer project on the CPU. I will likely go in and disable the CPU usage. (Advanced settings in taskbar, right click on the CPU project to pause it. Or in Configuration delete the CPU slot).

Web view client:

1584894489311.png

Advanced settings (can Right-click on the Folding Slots to pause the CPU if you want but keep the GPU going):
1584894590911.png

Top Bottom