• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FNX-45

I'm looking into getting a new home defense, range, and carry gun and the FNX-45 caught my eye. I love the look of FN guns and the ability to mount a reflex sight to it without losing the irons is very appealing to me. Has anyone used or owned one? And are there any local (eastern New Hampshire/southern Maine) gun shops that would have one I could actually feel?

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

I saw them for sale at Shooters Outpost last Friday. Nice looking guns but holy hell too expensive for me even if I lived in a free state.

I have the fnx 45 and I love it. Points we'll, soft shooting. It was not a fan of steel cased blazer ammo.

Keep in mind if you want to add a sight get the tactical version as it's already has a milled slide and taller sights for a suppressor.

I have the fnx 45 and I love it. Points we'll, soft shooting. It was not a fan of steel cased blazer ammo.

Keep in mind if you want to add a sight get the tactical version as it's already has a milled slide and taller sights for a suppressor.

Thanks. The tacticool model is the one I want, but the grip size should be the same on both.

I also have one and love it. I have a red dot on it and it works great but the irons are there in a pinch with no extra effort to get to them. And 13 rounds of 45 doesn't suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Check the FN forum before you buy, there seems to be several Known Issues with the FNX 45 Tactical. I saw them in Shooters and got excited to get one, but research talked me out of it.

Posted from my car phone.

Check the FN forum before you buy, there seems to be several Known Issues with the FNX 45 Tactical. I saw them in Shooters and got excited to get one, but research talked me out of it.

Posted from my car phone.

Thanks! I'll be sure to do that

Bear in mind mags are $41-45 a piece. I liked the idea of FN's pistols until I saw that. I was about ready to buy an FNS-9... about maybe 30 seconds away from "pressing the button" and then I found out about the overpriced magazines. I was like "Who do they think they are, HK?"

Also, there's little or no aftermarket support. Wolff is not going to be selling you mag and recoil springs anytime soon, among other things. If you want to change the trigger for any reason, forget about it, unless you can make a DIY solution. The only aftermarket for FNs handguns appears to be holsters.

-Mike

I held one at 2ndA last year. Felt like a whole lot of gun in my larger hands. It seemed to beg for a thigh holster.

I'm looking into getting a new home defense, range, and carry gun and the FNX-45 caught my eye. I love the look of FN guns and the ability to mount a reflex sight to it without losing the irons is very appealing to me. Has anyone used or owned one? And are there any local (eastern New Hampshire/southern Maine) gun shops that would have one I could actually feel?

I have the older FNP Tactical. Shoots awesome, very accurate, but part of me feels like it should be all steel frame. Mags are super expensive too. Lets just say it didn't blow my mind, but i'd still never sell it.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to head over to Shooters this weekend and check it out.

Back
Top Bottom