• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FNS2000 rifles in MA?

I noticed that the FN PS90 is MA legal, is the FS2000 MA legal as well? I'm guessing that it's legal w/ threaded BBL and flash hider because of the lack of a "conspicuously protruding" pistol grip.

Edit to add: if it is legal, is it neutered in any way (fake FH perm attached, etc)?

Last edited:
Depends what shop you go to.

Some have no problems selling you this rifle, and others find it falls into the grey-area concerning our foolish AWB laws. The usual concern is that they are normally sold with 30rd mags included, and FN just swaps these out for 10rd mags when they ship to Massachusetts. Some dealers will only sell rifles that have a listed "Massachusetts compliant" version, as they fear selling anything other than that will jeopardize their license.

I would like to make it clear, that I'm not the authority on this subject. It's just what I have run into dealing with the purchasing of a FS2000.

Thanks, there's a shop near me that had a PS-90, I'll have to stop in and ask if he can order me an FS. Time to start saving my pennies!

There are no problems getting these guns in MA other than
the price. (which is the same everywhere- high! :)
I know FS transfers them in, because when I was there a couple
months ago I saw a guy getting a black one.

-Mike

Can't you just buy it in NH (or other bordering state) and just bring it in yourself as long as it meets the AWB criteria? It is a rifle afterall.

Yeah, but why do that when you can just buy it in MA? Many dealers carry it.

Someone might not want to pay the 5% tax on a $2000+ rifle.
[laugh] Although you could still just transfer one in and dodge
the tax anyways.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom