• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FN Scar and Tavor - are they banned in MA

OK you've convinced me. I guess I'll go out and buy a SCAR. Anybody know where I can pick one up? [thumbsup]

Four Seasons (6k), the 16s previously listed on this site. Ask them if they will take one in from Gunbroker and massify it. I would guess on NO.
I'd be surprised if a Gunbroker 17s ended up being less than 3800

Last edited:
The Attorney General stated that physically removing features (e.g. grinding off a bayonet lug), or making them non-functional (e.g. pinning a stock) does not remove them from the feature count.

While cute, that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual settled law nor her enforcement "notice". Making a non-enumerated rifle compliant with the identified AWB features in the actual law complies with both her make believe world and the real lawr. It is thus both prudent and legal to do so.

The ACR & Bren both look like interesting options but both suffer from a lack of aftermarket support.

I just picked up an ACR it's similar to a scar and far cheaper, they have quite the supply of ACR's and ACR DMR's that they just got in, I couldn't help myself but to make a move on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FS has them?...seems like a good option

The ACR & Bren both look like interesting options but both suffer from a lack of aftermarket support.

Hopefully that will change...but if you're not planning on heavily modifying it then who cares...if you just want optics and mags then you're good

Folding stock need to be pinned?

Wonder if the hk433 will be sold in MA at some point

Last edited:
As of last weekend, both Four Seasons and Gun Parlor had Tavors ON THE SHELF and FOR-SALE.....fully legal to purchase today. Pricey, but they're a popular shoot. Gun Parlor had all three colors available.....and one in their rental pool.

not sure what the ARAK long stroke offers over a typical short stroke piston. an adams arms piston upper can be had for half the cost of an ARAK. i have no hands on experience w the ARAK but just don't see all that much point to it.

Last edited:
not sure what the ARAK long stroke offers over a typical short stroke piston. an adams arms piston upper can be had for half the cost of an ARAK. i have no hands on experience w the ARAK but just don't see all that much point to it.

More interested if one could buy the complete rifle in MA not just the upper...I'm guessing that's probably a no

new to the forum, I'm thinking of getting a SCAR 16S. So I think that I would need to make sure that the stock is pinned so it can't fold and the muzzle break is welded and it would be massified?

new to the forum, I'm thinking of getting a SCAR 16S. So I think that I would need to make sure that the stock is pinned so it can't fold and the muzzle break is welded and it would be massified?

Almost. The stock is both collapsible and folding, so it must be pinned once to prevent folding and pinned to prevent collapsing. The folding function is via a button, some smiths can block the button so it can't be pushed, which is reversible if you ever achieve freedom.

R

Mass firearms school in Holliston and I think a dealer on the Cape have them regularly. You don’t need to be too concerned with what needs to be done, as the dealer won’t release it to you without the right stuff done.

This is the blind pin and weld on the muzzle brake, and the stock’s folding and length-of-pull mechanisms will be disabled. If you are polite they will let you choose the length of pull and pin it at that position while you wait, which is how they handled mine.

I have a question on the pinning of the stock, does it also need to be blind pinned or just having it disabled from moving? I have been googling around and cant find a definitive answer. thanks again!

I called over to MFS in Holliston and they don't have any at the moment.

Thanks!

I have a question on the pinning of the stock, does it also need to be blind pinned or just having it disabled from moving? I have been googling around and cant find a definitive answer. thanks again!

You won't find any guidance on this, that's 100% attachable to MA law, just legacy fed bullshit from the old AWB. The usual guideline has been "requires use of a tool to adjust" etc. That doesn't mean that it's necessarily legal, lol. In my book it's not worth worrying about, in yours, maybe different?

-Mike

My ffl had no problem transferring one from an individual for me, and taking one in from gun broker post 7/20. They pinned and welded it for me. The harder part was finding a dealer on gun broker that would ship it to ma, many would not.

I'm having a hard time understanding why an FN SCAR is not banned as an assault rifle post 7/20/16. Can somebody enlighten me?
They arent types specifically named in the AWB. So as long as they comply with BS AWB law they are ok. That is no flash hider, no collapsable stock, etc.

My ffl had no problem transferring one from an individual for me, and taking one in from gun broker post 7/20. They pinned and welded it for me. The harder part was finding a dealer on gun broker that would ship it to ma, many would not.

They wouldn't ship it to an FFL???

fBIeYU3.jpg

lots of dealers won't inbound direct to MA anymore. you have to get creative....

Back
Top Bottom