• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FN FS2000

Considering an FS2000, does anyone have much experience with this unit? I have a couple AR's just thinking about something new.

I noticed these seem to hang around in stores for a bit new or used. Is this because they are too expensive or too trendy.

I assume it is made well because of FN. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I have one. They are fun, well made and damned expensive. But if you want something different, this is the way to go.

I've got one and so does user flintoid here on NES. They are a great gun, well made and a bunch of fun to shoot. When I can get my Troy micro BUIS it's going to be my "go to gun". Just because of the gas piston system works and it's SBR kind of short. They do however cost some real serious cash. As I've seen on here before, look for a used but in like new condition rifle for your best deal on a price.
smitty

Last edited:
I have the PS90, Fs2000 and Msar. I like them all a lot and in that order...
The Fs is a great gun and a blast to shoot and I would not part with it any time soon..

That being said. I find the down sides. my gripes..

High cost to buy.

For how small it is, it really is heavy (esp compared to the aug/ msar).

No mag drop.

I find it to be a PITA to get the receiver "thingie" back into the stock after cleaning. And annoying how the forward grip pops off when you don't get it just right.

If you are going to put a scope on it. I found I needed to go with a low profile scope to as not to radically change a good cheek position on the stock. I ended up with a Rooskie 4*24. Many scopes will also cover the trap door. A short aug type Swarovski would be perfect for this gun, or eops with magnifier . But, I wanted at least a 4x..

And finally, the pistol grip is radical. To me it's more radical than a fal and my hand gets fatigued quickly in that position.

But all of the above are to me, really small gripes and can be calked up to "character". It is a great gun. A lot of fun and capable of being very accurate with decent glass on it...

Hope that helps..

Last edited:
Sean - have you tried removing the gasket in the mag well so your mags will drop free?

No. I have heard mixed reports that removing the gasket will allow it to drop free. but the trade off is wobble and rattle.

If I ever decide to do a competition where mag changes are crucial then I'd definitely do that.

As it is, it is fine the way it is. It's a minor gripe on my part. But overall it's nitpicking and really just one of those quirky "adds character" type things.

IMG_0411.jpg

fun but expensive, indeed. I went balls-out on it because I was living in Boston proper at the time and they are not covered by the "Boston AWB." So it was my "city rifle."

My brother down in South Carolina just saw one for $1495 out the door in a local gun store. It didn't have the tactical rail but had the goofy stock optic, but you get the point. You can get them for less than $2k on gunbroker and just pay the transfer fee to get it into the state. I paid retail and then used a FNH rebate a year ago.

I haven't removed the mag gasket as I don't want the gun to be molested. If you are concerned with one handed mag changes, get ranger plates for your mags. I have a bunch of 10 round mags that can be pulled out by the same hand that is depressing the mag release button. It works fairly well- press button and then pull the ranger plate with your ring and pinky finger.

I find it to be a PITA to get the receiver "thingie" back into the stock after cleaning. And annoying how the forward grip pops off when you don't get it just right.

how about cleaning the inside of the "body" of the rifle back by the trigger package? My knuckles hate me for that. My lord.

Getting the receiver, or front end, of the rifle back into the body isn't too bad. Just push up hard on the grip. The rear of the plastic grip has clips, or fingers, that the barrel assembly slides into. So push that grip hard into the body and it should make it quite easy.

The tri-rail I've got on mine is less forgiving since it's made of metal. But the same theory applies and it works quite well. It still requires a good palm shove to get that last bit nested in.

Getting the receiver, or front end, of the rifle back into the body isn't too bad. Just push up hard on the grip. The rear of the plastic grip has clips, or fingers, that the barrel assembly slides into. So push that grip hard into the body and it should make it quite easy.

No, it isn't BAD.. But, I think that it is just one of those things that I feel should just be a lot less effort.

Like the little white doo hickey, getting it in the notch, while getting the rcvr rails lined up before the handguard drops out.

It's just one of those things that are an annoyance. I can't even begin to fathom the potential of fielding this rifle in less than ideal circumstances and under pressure, having the need to strip and reassemble this. I do this on a bench under ideal well lighted conditions, can't imagine trying to do it in the dark in a ditch some place in a rush.

I had my heart set on green as well but was told by two shops today that the distributer is out of them. Is there a special mass version? or are any of the gunbroker ones okay?

thanks

I had my heart set on green as well but was told by two shops today that the distributer is out of them. Is there a special mass version? or are any of the gunbroker ones okay?

thanks
There is not a MA version. The only issue is the the 30 magazine it comes with. When I bought mine the dealer just kept the 30 round magazine, called FN and they sent out a 10 round magazine. Worked for me. I would give Dennis at First Defense Firearms a call.

There is not a MA version. The only issue is the the 30 magazine it comes with. When I bought mine the dealer just kept the 30 round magazine, called FN and they sent out a 10 round magazine. Worked for me. I would give Dennis at First Defense Firearms a call.

there is a low-cap SKU for the rifle that comes with a FNH 10 round magazine.

they have come out with even more SKUs since I bought mine, so I am sure you are correct on that one. They now have the "tactical" version that comes with the tri-rail pre-installed and naturally, it has the high cap and low cap SKUs.

Do alot of you guys have the tri-rail?

I do. But I also like the original version without it. My issue is the tactical upper is not compatible with the optics and vice versa. The optics version has a shorter rail that is not mil spec so you need a whole new upper in order to have a faithful SA version of the original F2000.

Got my Troy micro BUIS with Nite sight inserts today!

Yes, I got my Troy micro BUIS with the Tritium today. Man what an improvement over the stock FN FS2000 Tactical's sights.
I pulled the front sight off and then folded down the poor excuse for a rear sight. They ride a little higher, but can be seen much better. They are the type of item FN should have considered / used in the first place.
I do have the Tri-rail and use it over the stock front end. I've got a Troy modular forgrip on it that's ran in a medium hight.
By getting the Troy micro BUIS I've made the rifle better to use, no doubt about it.
smitty

So, I bought one today used. It came with an Eotech sight on it. I took it to the range and it was accurate as hell. Smitty I have to agree with you the rear sight they put on this thing is just plain embarassing. I assume they figure sights are such a personal preference. So they don't waste time on them. It did not make me want to throw away my AR's but it is pretty neat. The balance is amazing. Definitely needs trigger work. Have any of you tried the Neu-trigger thing?

howitzer11 - I've thought about the Neu-trigger thing. As a matter of fact, I sent the guy an E-mail Friday morning. It's like $25 or $26 and he takes PayPal or money order.
It looks like it could be a solution as I've heard (read) good things about it. We shall see because I'm going to give it a try.
smitty

Smitty - let us know the only thing that scared me was in his gun broker listing he states in done with pliers?

Vell - I know but I was too impatient to zero the eotech. I have two CQ optics a Leupold CQ/t and the Eotech that came with the gun. Do have any experiene with the Eotech Magnifier? I love the Leupold but it is a little bulky for this setup.

I've got an eotech xps2 and a magnifier on my FS2000 and love it. You can see earlier in the thread how it fits on the rail with a eotech optic. It just makes the gun feel retardedly accurate. I've only shot at 100 yards (possibly 150 if you count shooting shit off the berm at monadnok during shoots) but it makes the rifle group tighter than the virgin mary.

Do alot of you guys have the tri-rail?

Beware it adds nearly 2 lbs making it muzzle heavy. If you add a fore grip, and I assume that's the reason for the rail, then the weight is manageable and balance is restored. Carrying it for a while with just one hand in the trigger grip area can get a little tiring. I walked around the house with it just because it was new and cool.

howitzer11 - I've thought about the Neu-trigger thing. As a matter of fact, I sent the guy an E-mail Friday morning. It's like $25 or $26 and he takes PayPal or money order. It looks like it could be a solution as I've heard (read) good things about it. We shall see because I'm going to give it a try.
smitty

Yup, bought one. It doesn’t shorten the pull but it does make it smoother. But as you probably know, a bullpup *anything* is never going to have a match trigger. The part is really simple. Just a folded piece of metal but whatever it does, does the trick.

Oh, and this sling is really nice. I never was one for carry slings but it’s super HSLD and makes me feel like a real ‘operator.’ [laugh]

http://www.urbanertslings.com/fnstwiin16op1.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom