• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FN 509M

Looking for likes or dislikes from those who own or have fired the 509 midsize. Thanks

had the full size FN 509 which is essentially the same pistol. trigger was meh. ambi mag release annoying. mags expensive and questionable construction. striker breakage on the 509 is frequently reported. in my hands the pistol does absolutely nothing better than a glock 17/19/45, M&P or any other decent SFA. add to this garbage FN customer service and product support with now 4 different pistol platforms in less than a decade (FNP, FNX, FNS, 509)...what's not to like?

I am a little baffled by the 509 I have a full size one. Out of the box trigger sucked and is a bit of a brick. Put all the bells and whistles on it and performs moderately ok.
Of all the polymer 9mm's its low on my list. Glock, S&W, Sig, H&K, CZ are all better options in my opinion.

had the full size FN 509 which is essentially the same pistol. trigger was meh. ambi mag release annoying. mags expensive and questionable construction. striker breakage on the 509 is frequently reported. in my hands the pistol does absolutely nothing better than a glock 17/19/45, M&P or any other decent SFA. add to this garbage FN customer service and product support with now 4 different pistol platforms in less than a decade (FNP, FNX, FNS, 509)...what's not to like?

Ouch. I appreciate the honesty on forums for a reason (not that I was in the market for an FN anyway).

Back
Top Bottom