FMJ Steel Case vs brass

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thats a lot of training ammo tho... we all remember the perfecta crap Walmart used to sell

Barely. I bought a few boxes of the 9mm and I think I either gave or sold some of the rest of the shit on the cheap and never touched it again. God that stuff was weak.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Lol the ammo is still more accurate than you are if you make a gross shooting error, obviously depending on circumstances. Yeah it's going to be worthless if you're shooting from a rest all
day or something, but in terms of value for practice? it's still good. Let's put it this way the group size difference for the cheap garbage isnt so big that its not going to make good vs bad shooting indescernible.

Let me put it this way- I've shot USPSA matches with tula 9mm, and most of the lost points from that day were not from shitty ammo but from the guy running the gun.... [laugh]

Like I said, I would shoot it if I had to. Luckily, that day is a loooong way off because I took your advice years ago and slowed firearms purchases in favor of ammo.
We are going to have to disagree about this, much the same as we disagree about cleaning. I admit I am a little OCD. I shoot, I clean em and store em. It's a ritual.

I look at steel case ammo, like a cheap shoes. Yeah, its better than walking barefoot over the rocks, but not ideal. Sure, if I had no other choice I would buy steel case, but to date, I have never purchased a box of steel case ammo.

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
With copper prices climbing we just might see another increase in ammo prices and companies like hornady reintroducing steel cased ammo again. IIRC horndy was getting thier steel from tula?

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Like I said, I would shoot it if I had to. Luckily, that day is a loooong way off because I took your advice years ago and slowed firearms purchases in favor of ammo.
We are going to have to disagree about this, much the same as we disagree about cleaning. I admit I am a little OCD. I shoot, I clean em and store em. It's a ritual.

I look at steel case ammo, like a cheap shoes. Yeah, its better than walking barefoot over the rocks, but not ideal. Sure, if I had no other choice I would buy steel case, but to date, I have never purchased a box of steel case ammo.
For some platforms that’s all there is but that’s good otherwise, it means you’re stocking well....

Top Bottom