• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fluted Barrel?

So this will be my first AR and I’m torn on which barrel to get. I have read mixed things on fluted barrels so was looking to get some insight from people here. Do you have one and is it any less accurate than your non-fluted barrels? Right now RGuns has a 16” fluted mid-length in-stock but also thinking about waiting for their Gov’t Profile upper to come back in stock. Is it worth waiting for the Gov’t Profile? I’m also looking at a Del-Ton kit but those are out of stock too.

This will be mainly just for range fun out to maybe 200 yards but mostly 100, nothing serious.

Fluting, if done correctly, will not affect accuracy. Between these 2 barrels, its not going to matter, neither are going to be accurate.

On a 16" I doubt you would be able to tell. My Stag has an ss fluted barrel and with the sniper legs is extremely accurate even with me on the stock trigger. I have a carbine LMT on another Stag lower that isn't as accurate but has a brake which is very blasty. Can't wait for the next shoot.

Back
Top Bottom