Florida-Summerfield homeowner injured, kills 2 intruders with AR-15

mikeyp

NES Member
But who uses an AR for protection?

Summerfield homeowner injured, kills 2 intruders with AR-15

Two men were arrested following the shoot-out in southern Marion County.

SUMMERFIELD — Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according got the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday morning.

Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm.

Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired.

Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said.

Homeowner's name hasn't been released but they release pics of his house and mailbox with the address on it. Looks pretty isolated. I wonder if he has had break in attempts before.

20 acres, house is 300 yards from driveway gate.

edit;

The homeowner told Detective Travis O’Cull that, about an hour before the shooting, a male who he barely remembers from a past Craigslist transaction, knocked on the front door, according to sheriff’s officials.

I meet CL people at my home with large items. Never had an issue. You do have to vet t your buyer though. Seems like he may not have done that.

It's not just the buyer you have to be concerned with , it's anyone he may have run his mouth off to as well.
Hey , I was over at the dudes place and he had a bunch of expensive stuff around .

It's not just the buyer you have to be concerned with , it's anyone he may have run his mouth off to as well.
Hey , I was over at the dudes place and he had a bunch of expensive stuff around .

This goes for anyone you let into
your home. Even your kids can get
you into trouble. When my kids [3 step]were
young I always told them what we have
is no ones business. If you don’t trust someone
don’t let them near your property!

This goes for anyone you let into
your home. Even your kids can get
you into trouble. When my kids [3 step]were
young I always told them what we have
is no ones business. If you don’t trust someone
don’t let them near your property!

That's the truth.
I was going to take a friend of my son shooting at one point , then my son came home one day and told my he overheard him telling a kid on the bus about the pistol his dad had in his dresser drawer.
Nope.
I was also at one of my customers houses who I was aware had a rather extensive collection .
The heating guy came out of the outbuilding and started blathering on about this guy could start his own army ect. ect.
I told the guy "Ya and I'm sure he appreciates you running your mouth to everyone in sight about it too. "

I don't think that the type of weapon matters all that much. Likely he could have done the same thing with a Remington 870, M1 Carbine, Semi auto handgun, or even a revolver.

What matters is that he stood his ground (!) and defended himself.

I wonder if the other two will be charged with homicide under the "felony - murder" rule? It would be fitting if they were given the death sentence.

This is a perfect example as to why people need real, as oppressed to Fudd, weapons.

Hey , I was over at the dudes place and he had a bunch of expensive stuff

We meet outside (just sold my Oxlite ramps). I have a security system, and carry 24/7. Not worried. Any red flag on CL, they don’t get my address.

And this is why you never obey the foolish dictates of people who have their own armed security, but insist on leaving YOUR ASS hanging in the breeze.

Lock my guns and ammo up? Not even a slim chance of that ever happening here!

Good on the home owner for being prepared and reacting accordingly.

I may have missed something somewhere, but I was a bit confused by this: "Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm." Who did Rodriguez murder? Or is this a typo/error by omission, and it was supposed to say "attempted murder"?

Frank

I may have missed something somewhere, but I was a bit confused by this: "Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm." Who did Rodriguez murder? Or is this a typo/error by omission, and it was supposed to say "attempted murder"?

Frank

Responsible for death during commission of the felony home invasion.

Applies to arson as well. You set a fire and someone dies, in or responding to it, you bought a murder wrap automatically.

Responsible for death during commission of the felony home invasion.

Applies to arson as well. You set a fire and someone dies, in or responding to it, you bought a murder wrap automatically.

So is this referring to the deaths of his co-thugs, then? Because I thought that those two who died, were shot by the home owner.

Frank

So is this referring to the deaths of his co-thugs, then? Because I thought that those two who died, were shot by the home owner.

Frank

Yes, this is the definition of Felony Murder. If your fellow yutes die in the commission of a felony, you get charged with Felony Murder regardless of who killed them.

Honestly, the worst part of this story is that now we have two more victims of "gun violence." There should've been 4, but meh.

Yes, this is the definition of Felony Murder. If your fellow yutes die in the commission of a felony, you get charged with Felony Murder regardless of who killed them.

Honestly, the worst part of this story is that now we have two more victims of "gun violence." There should've been 4, but meh.
What doesnt make sense is that only one of them was charged with murder?

Excellent, but you know the antis will use it as a statistical finding that people who own guns get injured using them for self defense. Their stance is you're safer with no guns and will ignore the probable outcome of death if this man was defenseless.

And it's now a mass shooting (more than 4 people involved). Or is it three now?

It should just be a DGU.

Back
Top Bottom