• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting

Good point. Had he instead gotten up and beaten him to death with his fists that would surely have been better.

I don’t think the lack of fist fighting over parking spaces is the problem here.

Oh, isn’t this going to be the shite storm
Our family of strongly opinionated NES members

With not any ado of why

Bad shoot,

He shoved him!
Is that why basketball players don’t carry on court

A lot of shoving going on there. LOL

SORRY, couldn’t help myself

I understand the logic here entirely, and an observer can most definitely think of how they would react in any given situation or how they would have handled things differently. But what happened to the idea that you only draw when absolutely necessary, and when you draw, it's to shoot - not brandish in hopes of diffusing the situation, not firing warning shot. The most predictable outcome for the man on the ground, who feared for his life, was to shoot and diffuse the situation.
Exactly. Just watched it real quick but it seems to me if the guy on the ground just pulled and shot the guy the second he advanced on him, we probably wouldn’t be talking about this right now.

Apparently, the shooter in this case, who is currently incarcerated, was recently hit in the head with a sock with a lock in it.

Back
Top Bottom