• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida sheriff rips state's juvenile system after 2 youths flee facility, get into shootout with deputies

Reptile

NES Member

The deputies’ goal throughout the evening was de-escalation of the situation in order to avoid deaths or injuries, the sheriff said​

A Florida sheriff ripped the state’s juvenile justice system Tuesday night as a 14-year-old girl was "fighting for her life" after she and a 12-year-old boy got into a shootout with Volusia County deputies.

We keep a gun safe in our Florida vacation/ retirement townhome. It is not mandatory by law, unlike MA and some other states. But if stolen guns continue to be a problem, it is conceivable that such legislation may be passed at the federal level. I have no doubt that Biden would support it and sign it into law.

That's your takewaway out of reading that?

Safe storage laws?

"Safe storage" should be highly encouraged. But SCOTUS already decided in Heller that ready access to operable firearms in the home is protected.

A "locked home" should be a sufficient-enough safe storage vessel to be in compliance with any law, IMHO.

The kids broke in. They didn't walk in.

How much do you want to bet that they were just turning their Lives around?

Malodave

ETA
Well it looks as though I was wrong, the 12 YO Boy is White. I don't know
about the 14 YO Girl yet.

Last edited:
We keep a gun safe in our Florida vacation/ retirement townhome. It is not mandatory by law, unlike MA and some other states. But if stolen guns continue to be a problem, it is conceivable that such legislation may be passed at the federal level. I have no doubt that Biden would support it and sign it into law.
Same here I have safes in my primary, vacation and cabins. Safes are cheap, my firearms are not. Nevermind if some asshat gets a hold of it.

How much do you want to bet that they were just turning their Lives around?
Youts. [rolleyes]

They probably talked the church home
into renting a VHS tape of Badlands, [shocked]
and it was all downhill from there.[angry]
Dpa9t1TUYAEMIro

Been waiting half the day for this thread to resurface in my alert list,
so I could lob a brief news video about the boy's arraignment,
but in the meantime someone got cold feet and deleted the video.
YoutUbe, TV station - I got no idea.

It appears she will survive. But remember that name because it will be repeated for years in arrest reports, court appearances, incarceration, etc. I feel badly saying it but a better placed shot would have saved the state a lot of money. Love to know her fam ily history.

Been waiting half the day for this thread to resurface in my alert list,
so I could lob a brief news video about the boy's arraignment,
but in the meantime someone got cold feet and deleted the video.
YoutUbe, TV station - I got no idea.

I saw that on the TV. It was really sad, the kid did not look like he had any idea what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom