Florida out of state CCW process questions

I tried twice to get my FL CCW license, but I finally gave up. The first time they send back the fingerprint card but did not tell me what was wrong, I had it done over again, and I made sure the PD department stamp was there and it was signed, just like the first card. Again, they sent my application back, and this time they said that they couldn't accept my certification, according to them it was too old, and I took the safety course before 1990. Hey! If Massachusetts accepts it, it has to be good. As I said, I finally gave up. I never had a problem getting a non-resident LTC before or after that.

If Massachusetts accepts it, it has to be good.
FL is on crack cocaine when it comes to licenses, certifications and classes.

FL has its own "FL CCW" class or whatever its called (I'm exempt from it so I never had to take it). From what I understand it's about as close to completely useless as you can come.

Classes are offered at gun shows in Florida all the time- and they don't include live fire.

The wording when they send you the license that you are authorized to carry, but not use, strictly means carrying is covered under one section of Florida law and you were issued the permit based on that section of law, but any use of a weapon is covered under other sections of the law and you need to follow those.

There are a mega-shit ton of ambulance chasers in Florida, and they happily try to find any deep pocket to sue.

FYI ... my MA class did not say "LIVE FIRE".

I used to have a live fore certificate when I got my first LTC. I lost it and took a new class with Jim. When I took the class again the live fire requirement didn't exist anymore.

Anyway, I brought the following documents:

1. Hunters safety certificate - from 2010.

2. Non live fire handgun safety class certificate.

3. I read online I can use competitions and stuff, so I printed my USPSA and Steel Challenge records (which includes dates for the shoots) and presented those.

4. MA LTC.

Maybe it was overkill, but having 4 additional pieces of paper did not take up a lot of space.

Walked in, 10min later walked out, a little less than 15 days later my license arrived.

So, if anyone is traveling to FL for work or fun, take a few minutes and do it in person, it is very, very easy and fast.

I was telling them how MA works while doing the fingerprints and they kept shaking their heads saying "yup, sounds about right for MA".

So it's settled? FL doesn't require a live fire class?
I cannot give you a YES or NO.

For me, it wasn't an issue.

Maybe the hunter safety helped.
Maybe the USPSA records helped. (Maybe they didn’t).
Maybe having a MA LTC helped.

I had no problem.

FYI ... I couldn't find my hunter safety card, messaged the MA wildlife or whoever issues it, got an Email the same day with a copy. That is what I took with me.

Great thanks! I'll give it a go next week if I can find the time between swinging a hammer. Damn hurricane.

Wife mailed her renewal form, prints, and check July 10, they were deliver in Tallahassee July 14, she got her new card in the mail today August 2.
She is renewed and good to go until 2030.

🐯
Amazing, less than 1 month including mailing.
But MA needs anywhere from 1 month to 7 months depending where you are.

Wife mailed her renewal form, prints, and check July 10, they were deliver in Tallahassee July 14, she got her new card in the mail today August 2.
She is renewed and good to go until 2030.

🐯
No need for a CCW license anymore.

I collect CCW cards.

Why did your wife choose to get one?

Amazing, less than 1 month including mailing.
But MA needs anywhere from 1 month to 7 months depending where you are.
In Alabama you get it immediately. Fill paperwork out give it to the clerk. She takes your picture and not even a 10 minute wait they give you your new card. I actually barely had time to go take a piss.

She didn’t “choose to get one,” she chose to renew the one she already had because it still grants reciprocity in other states beyond FL.

🐯
I think the Utah CCW permit is more effective for that purpose.

Florida only gives you one more state compared to Utah.

Utah can also be renewed on the Internet after you upload your photo.

But hey - Por Que Dose?

But hey - Por Que Dose?
Even with CC?

Last time I checked, Utah didn't seem to make a difference now that most of the country is green.

Well then I guess it's a good thing she already has both.

But hey - Por Que Dose?

Sorry, are you trying to say. why two?

🌮🇲🇽🐯🇲🇽🌮

But hey - Por Que Dose?

It all boils down to the states you need/want and the fees you are willing to pay to be able to exercise your constitutional rights across imaginary lines drawn on the map of our country.

IMG_2508.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

Application sent on July 19th.
USPS Priority.

Arrived in FL on July 22nd.

License arrived at my local post office on August 8th.(Photo sent through Informed Delivery)
Letter got lost for a couple days.

Arrived in my mailbox today - August 10.

20 days to get to my post office after I mailed it.

Walked in for my 10 am appointment in Orlando. Done by 10:11 am including photo and fingerprints. 11 minutes.. Talked to the fingerprint guy for a bit.. He said some Ma**h***s come in with a book to read. He said, "We don't mess around down here..."

Orlando location is right at the entrance to Universal.... FYI

Back
Top Bottom