• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida non resident permit question

JackO

Instructor
What is acceptable "Proof of training" for a Florida non resident permit? Is MA pistol safety class certificate good enough or does one has to have a certificate from Florida certified instructor? Is me being an NRA certified instructor good enough?

What is acceptable "Proof of training" for a Florida non resident permit? Is MA pistol safety class certificate good enough or does one has to have a certificate from Florida certified instructor? Is me being an NRA certified instructor good enough?

I would just send them a copy your NRA instructor cert, it's probably overkill but I'm pretty sure that would qualify! I don't think florida is that picky WRT approved classes, etc. A friend of mine was able to use his "military training"
on the M9 that he got in basic as a proof of training, so they're pretty open about what qualifies.

-Mike

I would just send them a copy your NRA instructor cert, it's probably overkill but I'm pretty sure that would qualify! I don't think florida is that picky WRT approved classes, etc. A friend of mine was able to use his "military training"
on the M9 that he got in basic as a proof of training, so they're pretty open about what qualifies.

-Mike

I have a Florida license and used my mass basic safety certificate. I would concur with drgrant that your instructor certificate would be perfectly acceptable as well.

Back
Top Bottom