Florida...Maybe not so bad after all

EddieZoom

NES Member
I'm normally one of the first to make fun of Florida and all the crazy, wacky, dumb, trashy, people who live there...but I'm reconsidering my position.

Visiting in-laws in the Orlando area. I've got some time to kill, so I pay a visit to:

http://www.frogbones.com/

From a life long MA resident...picture the nicest gun shop you've ever been in, combined with the nicest indoor range you've ever been in, combined with the ability to rent *whatever* you want to shoot, combined with a decent bar & grill !!!!

Walk in, rent a gun/ammo/eyes/ears/targets....easy peasy. No license, no fuss, no show me ability to handle safely, no NRA instructional videos.

The entire process felt alien to me....

Young people to old people walking in from the parking lot with fun cases in hand....ready to rock.

Minor observation....most of the people I witnessed really could not shoot well...probably a side effect of all the inbreeding in the state;-)

Seriously...reminded me of just how different we (MA) are than most of the rest of the country.

If you are in the area...check it out.

I was in Reno and went to shoot .I never shot a gun and my wife has a LTC and a 22 she shoots. So nothing. Walk into a places and had a similar experience.
Then I come back get a LTC and go to new england firearms in North Attleboro .
Cannot believe how crappy it was compared to my experience.

I shot a full auto m16 ,a silenced version ,a Glock and a Beretta . With bullets ,lane , instructor and guns paid 60$.

Here people are so sensitive when I bet cell phones kills more people in auto accident than a gun .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was in Reno and went to shoot .I never shot a gun and my wife has a LTC and a 22 she shoots. So nothing. Walk into a places and had a similar experience.
Then I come back get a LTC and go to new england firearms in North Attleboro .
Cannot believe how crappy it was compared to my experience.

I shot a full auto m16 ,a silenced version ,a Glock and a Beretta . With bullets ,lane , instructor and guns paid 60$.

Here people are so sensitive when I bet cell phones kills more people in auto accident than a gun .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't call my fellow MA residents snowflakes for no reason. [wink]

We stopped in there on our last trip down. What a great place! Was talking with some of the sales people, telling them of the CT/ Mass horror stories, and they were looking at me dumbfounded...
You can even rent full auto (They will have an instructor with you for those)... The attached bar/restaurant is pretty nice as well- they do mark your hand with a UV pen, so you can't use the range if you've had a drink...

I'm normally one of the first to make fun of Florida and all the crazy, wacky, dumb, trashy, people who live there...but I'm reconsidering my position.

Visiting in-laws in the Orlando area. I've got some time to kill, so I pay a visit to:

http://www.frogbones.com/

From a life long MA resident...picture the nicest gun shop you've ever been in, combined with the nicest indoor range you've ever been in, combined with the ability to rent *whatever* you want to shoot, combined with a decent bar & grill !!!!

Walk in, rent a gun/ammo/eyes/ears/targets....easy peasy. No license, no fuss, no show me ability to handle safely, no NRA instructional videos.

The entire process felt alien to me....

Young people to old people walking in from the parking lot with fun cases in hand....ready to rock.

Minor observation....most of the people I witnessed really could not shoot well...probably a side effect of all the inbreeding in the state;-)

Seriously...reminded me of just how different we (MA) are than most of the rest of the country.

If you are in the area...check it out.

Florida will end up like Ma. eventually since all the libtards retire to there from here.. and the swampy water is probably what has caused most of the genetic mistakes down there

Florida will end up like Ma. eventually since all the libtards retire to there from here.. and the swampy water is probably what has caused most of the genetic mistakes down there
Not only Ma residents retire to Fl and not all Ma retirees are libtards by any means.

Here is where I go when in the mood for a gun or ammo.
http://floridagunexchange.com/
You can walk into Walmart and buy ammo without even showing a drivers license, really different from Mass.
When I check on where I can carry with a Florida resident license, i'm thrilled I can carry in so many states.

Last edited:

Not anytime soon. Large swaths of FL are pretty conservative. The only real liberal strongholds are South FL (Palm Bch, Broward, and Miami-Dade Counties), Tampa Bay area (yet Trump still managed to win Pinellas County), Orlando, and some college areas like Gainesville. And FWIW, Trump only lost 9 of 67 counties in FL.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida

There are dozens of states like that. You just never have been exposed to "gun culture" states of the South and West. Nothing exceedingly exceptional here. NH comes the closest here in New England IMO.

Year after year, Florida ranks in the top 10 of states people move to. Mass is somewhere near the bottom of the 'to' list and near the top of the 'from' list.

Now tell me again which state is inbred? [rofl]

Regarding the quality of the shooting you observed, I will give Mass props for shooting sports activity. Slice it any way you want, per square mile or per capita- I would argue that Mass has many more options for shooting sports, clubs & private ranges, and also lots of options for gun stores. Yes, the laws here blow but the folks that are into firearms are into firearms. If anyone is a gun enthusiast and not having fun in Mass, they're not trying at all and need to get their ass off the couch and/or keyboard.

Year after year, Florida ranks in the top 10 of states people move to. Mass is somewhere near the bottom of the 'to' list and near the top of the 'from' list.

Now tell me again which state is inbred? [rofl]

Remember, people don't retire and move north. Saw that on the internet somewhere.

Depending on the region, a lot of the shops there are stupid overpriced. So much so that a friend of mine who lived in the Tampa area some years ago used to remote everything
in to small dealers instead of using LGS. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

-Mike

Not always true, my uncle retired and moved from NH to Port St Lucie in the early 2000's.
Lived there for nearly 10 years and HATED IT, so he packed up and moved back to NH.

Yup...my parents "semi" retired and moved from Northern NH to South Dakota where they still live...talk about jumping out of the frying pan into the fire weatherwise. My dad said Northern NH was becoming overrun with m*******s and getting too crowded for him.

Depending on the region, a lot of the shops there are stupid overpriced. So much so that a friend of mine who lived in the Tampa area some years ago used to remote everything

-Mike

I'm glad you brought that up! I was expecting prices to be much better than here since they are a "free" state, but no such luck. I was shocked to see a few models that I actually payed less for at my lgs than they were selling for there![rolleyes]

-Mike
This , once you get into an area, and make contact with the locals,[tinfoil]
the deals are from private sales and farmers/flea markets.[thumbsup]

Not always true, my uncle retired and moved from NH to Port St Lucie in the early 2000's.
Lived there for nearly 10 years and HATED IT, so he packed up and moved back to NH.

I can confirm - St. Lucie sucks. I'm in my 20's and moved here for work, and I can't wait to get back north.

Back
Top Bottom