Florida man shot by his dog, police say

So much fail..

According to the police report, Lanier said he was driving along State Road 17 North when the dog kicked "the unloaded .380 pistol." It went on to say that Lanier was "surprised" to learn not only that the gun was loaded, but also that it was actually a 9mm weapon, not a .380.

The dog can still be charged?

Lanier wasn't seriously injured, said Sebring Police Cmdr. Steve Carr, who actually said police didn't arrest the dog because the investigation was pending, the Tribune reported.

imgres.jpeg

Last edited:

DogWithGun.jpg

Lanier wasn't seriously injured, said Sebring Police Cmdr. Steve Carr, who actually said police didn't arrest the dog because the investigation was pending, the Tribune reported.

Apparently the guy was driving through a ruff neighborhood and the dog was carrying it for self protection. Other than that, this is the most stupid thing I've ever read in a newspaper. Not arrest the dog because the investigation is pending? If I didn't know better, I'd think it was The Onion.

According to the police report, Lanier said he was driving along State Road 17 North when the dog kicked "the unloaded .380 pistol." It went on to say that Lanier was "surprised" to learn not only that the gun was loaded, but also that it was actually a 9mm weapon, not a .380.

At least it wasn't a Fortay, because we all know no good comes from that caliber.

I'm sorry he didn't know what caliber it was nor that it was loaded? Sounds like an idiot to me

So does this mean he had .380 rounds in a 9mm handgun? Didn't know you could do that. I guess anything's possible in Florida.

So does this mean he had .380 rounds in a 9mm handgun?
.380 will chamber in 9mm and may or may not fire, depending on how far forward the round goes in the chamber. I've even see someone shoot 9x19 out of a fotay by mistake.

All bad ideas, but there are cases where an incorrect caliber will fit well enough to discharge when the trigger is pulled.

I hate these stupid stories where the dude clearly had a ND into his own leg and made up some dumb-ass story about is dog so that he didn't look as dumb. And the world nods and mumbles about how guns are dangerous, etc, etc, etc.

.380 will chamber in 9mm and may or may not fire, depending on how far forward the round goes in the chamber. I've even see someone shoot 9x19 out of a fotay by mistake.

All bad ideas, but there are cases where an incorrect caliber will fit well enough to discharge when the trigger is pulled.

+1. I try to learn something new every day, and thanks to Rob, I've accomplished this quite early today.

this is the most stupid thing I've ever read in a newspaper.

You obviously didn't read the story linked in the last line... Woman shot by oven while trying to cook waffles - U.S. News

WHO THE HELL keeps their LOADED mags in the oven?!?! And who loads only 4 rounds into a 13 round mag? Did he come back from the range with a couple rounds left and think "They are probably cold from their time out in the Florida tundra, I should put them in the oven so I can keep them warm" then never turned the oven on and forgot about them?

images

Back
Top Bottom