Florida Girl Travels to Yellowstone National Park, Gets Launched by a Bison

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The parents failed that kid long before they went to Yellowstone.
Did that look like a sheep at the petting zoo you f*cking morons ?
Even if you were ignorant about wildlife, they remind the shit out of you to stay away from the animals when you get there.

BaldAssCat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My friends worked at the Bill Cody Ranch out that way during the summer and told me this happens a lot. Sometimes parents will try to put their kids on one for a picture.

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I saw this exact same thing in Yellowstone, minus the little kid going flying. I couldn’t believe how close people got to the bison, within 10 feet or less. While driving through the park one afternoon we had to stop for a small herd crossing the road. Before we knew it the bison were walking the road in between the stopped cars on all sides. So close I could have rolled down the window and grabbed one. The size of these animals cannot be overstated, just huge. They seemed to dwarf the car we were in. I can’t imagine being so stupid as to walk up to one. As awesome as it was being in the car up so close I’ll never forget the dude on the motorcycle stopped behind us, he must have shit his pants as they turned and started to filter in and out of all the stopped vehicles and his motorcycle. The guy didn’t move a muscle the whole time. I bet he’ll never forget that traffic jam.

Last edited:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
... I’ll never forget the dude on the motorcycle stopped behind us, he must have shit his pants as they turned and started to filter in and out of all the stopped vehicles and his motorcycle. The guy didn’t move a muscle the whole time. I bet he’ll never forget that traffic jam.
By now his version of the story has grown to where he patted one on the nose as it trundled past him. But yes, be probably needed a change of underpants at the time.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only issue is my dawg likes to roam around the blackberry patches. I now keep him leashed up there if the berries or apples are ripe.
Only if they're ripe, eh?
You and your dog are cruisin' for a surprise.

(I'm unexpectedly having trouble finding my copy, but)
I think it's the first edition Adirondack Reader anthology
that has an 1800's account by a sport who spotted a bear.

It was climbing trees laden with green apples, eating its fill,
and crashing to the ground just in time to crap out the previous tree's
load of perfectly formed apples that appeared to be whitewashed (unquote).
And then go on to the next treeload of green apples.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago, we were coming through Crawford Notch when we saw a bunch of cars pulled off the side of the road. We stopped to see what it was, and it was a moose: a big ol' cow. Thing is, a lot of the sightseers - including a large group of Asian tourists - were out of their cars, and getting mighty close to her. "This won't end well" - got back in the car and took off.
It is amazing that this happens as often as it does there. We saw exactly the same thing one day coming back from North Conway. The Asian tourists were all on the side of the road taking pictures. You could tell that the moose was distressed at all of the attention. I pulled the car over on the side of the road, slowly moved between the moose and the large gang and whistled at the moose. She looked at us and I started moving ahead slowly. She followed, staying next to the car until we were down a bit from the group and then she took off into the trees. Poor moose.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is amazing that this happens as often as it does there. We saw exactly the same thing one day coming back from North Conway. The Asian tourists were all on the side of the road taking pictures. You could tell that the moose was distressed at all of the attention. I pulled the car over on the side of the road, slowly moved between the moose and the large gang and whistled at the moose. She looked at us and I started moving ahead slowly. She followed, staying next to the car until we were down a bit from the group and then she took off into the trees. Poor moose.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hunted an area that had some bison running around and the property owner told us to steer clear and if you saw that tail go up to unass the area .
1400 pounds of pissed off animal is no joke.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. I've never seen so many asses and elbows in one place in my life.
  2. Bull helps lots of people over a fence or wall.
  3. Bull understands that in target-rich environment, you've got to keep moving.
Someone should dub "get some!" in a cheap video game voice
over each and every palpable hit.

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
5 years ago we were in Glacier NP driving in to see Many Glacier Lodge and Swiftcurrent Lake on the east side of the park and passed maybe half a dozen cars parked on the side of the road. By the time we returned nearly an hour later there were probably ten times as many cars so we pulled over to see what was up. By that time there was a ranger there, too, and after we got out he came up and asked us not to leave the side of the road. Apparently if he hadn't been called and shown up to control the crowd, there are idiots who would have had no qualms about walking through the tall grass to get a selfie with this critter.

Reactions: AHM

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the old Faces Of Death videos was of a guy who got out of his car and approached a pride of lions at one of those safari parks.
He proceeded to be eaten alive right in front of his wife and kids.
Dude screamed for a long time.
Apparently lions aren't particularly fussy about you being all the way dead before they start eating.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... we were in Glacier NP ... and passed maybe half a dozen cars parked on the side of the road. By the time we returned nearly an hour later there were probably ten times as many cars so we pulled over to see what was up. By that time there was a ranger there, too, and after we got out he came up and asked us not to leave the side of the road. ...
Pro-tip: when dozens of people are out of their cars watching Bear A,
and Bear B comes up from behind the crowd,
people will try and get into the closest car -
not the car that brung them.

I've seen it happen.

And maximum legal passenger compartment occupancy
is just a suggestion at that point.

Choice of the town's logo was a no-brainer.

Clumber32

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girl will have a good story to tell the class when she goes back to school this Fall. Cool video!

Top Bottom