• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida Concealed License

Never mind, I just looked up Florida gun laws. For some reason I was under the impression that Florida was 2 A friendly. My mistake.
When I received my FL license in 2001 I was shocked to read the long list of places one couldn't legally carry. Being used to MA and NH at that time, where there are very few locations legally off-limits, I just wasn't used to seeing a laundry list of prohibitions.

Right would be no permit. but since they have one, same or next day would be better.
It only took 4 business days to be approved and 7 to be issued. Keep in mind 4th of July long weekend was in between, so not bad.

Of course, no permit would be ideal.

Could a resident Floridian expound on the procedure for residents?
My grand kid is looking to obtain a firearm for home/ personal protection. (Car broken into while parked in driveway)
Bonus is I'm thinking of retiring down there too.
Thanks in advance.

My grand kid is looking to obtain a firearm for home/ personal protection. (Car broken into while parked in driveway)
Thanks in advance.
It is very easy, it is online.

Take the class.
Make the appointment to get the license and finger prints.

Thank you
Updated my post with a link.

Scroll down and you can see the accepted documents link.

Here: Acceptable Firearms Training Documentation / Applying for a Concealed Weapon License / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

I did it while I was visiting my brother. I went in around 8:00am, and was out by 8:15 or so and back at his house before 9am.

If anyone is in FL for vacation or business, make an appointment and get your license.

Thanks in advance.
Florida does not have a non-resident license. It is one license and the procedure is the same. You can get it done at an Agricultural Center down there or do it by mail.

Was mostly looking for NES brain trust transfer of knowledge so I can translate to granddaughter.
No restriction to buy if you're not going to CC tho?

Was mostly looking for NES brain trust transfer of knowledge so I can translate to granddaughter.
don't know.

But, why not get the license? ... it is so easy and fast.

If someone is breaking into her car and she goes outside with the gun, is that considered carrying or is it still considered the property?

How will she defend herself when she is outside her house?

What, 100 replies telling you Google can answer your question in less time than it took you to reply in this thread? :)
I meant you're snarky reply up thread on "Florida gets it right".
I can goggle things just fine.
Looking for that personal touch that only the NES crew can provide.

don't know.

But, why not get the license? ... it is so easy and fast.

If someone is breaking into her car and she goes outside with the gun, is that considered carrying or is it still considered the property?

How will she defend herself when she is outside her house?
That's her problem/ decision.

She just wanted a nightstand/bump in the night gun, I'm thinking.

She can get the training, license, deal with the legality just fine.
She has juris major and works in compliance in big pharma.

Florida does not allow open carry

Florida has a pretty strict brandishing law

Going outside to confront someone breaking into your car better be on your own private property, and not say an apartment complex parking lot

As for NH, when it comes to permits it covers the seller pretty well legally when it comes to FTF sales, the 10 dollar permit is cheaper than multiple $30 dollar FFL transfers.

And a RESIDENT NH P&R license covers you in FL

DeSantis should be working to make Florida a Con Carry state, and eliminate the up to 5 business day waiting period to buy a gun from a FFL

You can only display a weapon in the act of self defense

Florida Statue 790.10, improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms. If any person having or carrying any dirk, sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon, or device or other weapons shall, in the presence of one or more persons exhibit the same in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense. This statute clearly states that brandishing is when a person threatens the use of a firearm or a weapon when it is not necessary in self-defense.

A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Florida does not allow open carry

Florida has a pretty strict brandishing law

Going outside to confront someone breaking into your car better be on your own private property, and not say an apartment complex parking lot

As for NH, when it comes to permits it covers the seller pretty well legally when it comes to FTF sales, the 10 dollar permit is cheaper than multiple $30 dollar FFL transfers.

And a RESIDENT NH P&R license covers you in FL

DeSantis should be working to make Florida a Con Carry state, and eliminate the up to 5 business day waiting period to buy a gun from a FFL
Agreed on all. Had the P&R and let it lapse when we went concarry.
Now I want it again because it's cheaper than a $50 BG check for a club membership.

If not a pp, they can walk into any LGS with their Florida drivers license and purchase a firearm. They will have to wait 3 business days to go back and pick it up. They cannot legally conceal carry unless they have a permit. Its extremely easy to obtain and the info will be on the local tax collectors web site, highly recommend they follow through in that!

Back
Top Bottom