Florida bill could hand gun owners huge win, make the US a constitutional carry majority country

I'm curious why/what difficulty you had trying to get the FL CCW. I don't know anyone nor heard of anyone having any problems getting it.
The first time I sent my FL. application in it was returned with the comment, fingerprint card. There was nothing else on the paper, just fingerprint card. So, I went back to my local PD and showed them the card and they could not find anything wrong, but they did it over anyway. The card that had been returned to me had the requested prints, the PD stamp, the date, and the officer's signature. So, I returned the newly completed card and once again the application was returned. The reason, Certification is outdated. I was certified in 1989, and it was a live fire certification. Massachusetts had no problem with my certification, so why would they? So, for me, that was the end of the story. I was not going to pay to get a new certification course just to satisfy them. So, I finally gave up. This was about four years ago.

I hope they pass this. I tried twice for a Florida CCW permit. So far, no luck getting it. I was able to get a nonresident permit in NH and Maine with no problem at all, but Florida is not that easy, they screw you around something awful.
Why? I have one that expired. I haven't got around to renewing it.

The first time I sent my FL. application in it was returned with the comment, fingerprint card. There was nothing else on the paper, just fingerprint card. So, I went back to my local PD and showed them the card and they could not find anything wrong, but they did it over anyway. The card that had been returned to me had the requested prints, the PD stamp, the date, and the officer's signature. So, I returned the newly completed card and once again the application was returned. The reason, Certification is outdated. I was certified in 1989, and it was a live fire certification. Massachusetts had no problem with my certification, so why would they? So, for me, that was the end of the story. I was not going to pay to get a new certification course just to satisfy them. So, I finally gave up. This was about four years ago.

They do insist you use the fingerprint card they provide for out of state applications, or get them doen electronically in Florida.

The only requirements I can find for the safety class certification is it has to include the class name, your name, the date of the class, the instructors name and the instructors certification number. Hunter sfaety, any NRA class, any Florida approved class or a DD214 are all ok. Nothing about outdated.

Although the former Ag Commissioner elected in 2018 and didn't run in 2022 (ran for gov as a dem and lost in primary) was a Soros funded lass who was slow walking the CCW process throughout covid. Moved here in very late 2020 got my drivers license just before Christmas and started the process to get CCW in Jan 2021 and couldn't get an appointment for fingerprint/application completion until April- and when I showed up they were asking more questions about covid exposure and your current health than my doctors office was doing at the time. Although in her favor she was a former medical marijuana lobbyist and she was insistent that having a MMJ license was no issue for holders of a CCW.

If Florida goes constitutional carry, the only advantage will be for reciprocity elsewhere, and no waiting period to take possession of new purchases.

Considering the number of MA liberals who spend part of the year in FL, you could say Mass corruption with southern charm.

Of course I've also been told that the further south you travel in FL, thee further north you end up.
That's the damnedest truth!

My MIL lived in Lauderdale Lakes for 20 yrs and had Family from Pompton Plains down to Miami. We used to spend a week each year visiting her and some of the relatives. It seemed to me to be mostly migrants from Boston and NY in that area and many were arrogant as hell. That was one reason why I hate FL. The other reason is that I can not stand the humidity down there, it is absolutely brutal.

We used to vacation in the Caribbean twice a year for a total of 4 weeks/year and even as far South as Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao, the humidity was nothing like SE FL.

Florida propper also starts in ocala... don't lump us northern folks in with y'all
I got married in Ocala. Inlaws lived west of Ocala, horse and cow fields. Ocala was a dump but outside of it was nice. Before that I always went to Hutchinson island and the Keys.

I got married in Ocala. Inlaws lived west of Ocala, horse and cow fields. Ocala was a dump but outside of it was nice. Before that I always went to Hutchinson island and the Keys.
Ocala really is pretty nice too drive through anyways idk I've never stopped there... once you get past it your in what everyone considers florida to be

So ocala and up really is south ga

That's the damnedest truth!

My MIL lived in Lauderdale Lakes for 20 yrs and had Family from Pompton Plains down to Miami. We used to spend a week each year visiting her and some of the relatives. It seemed to me to be mostly migrants from Boston and NY in that area and many were arrogant as hell. That was one reason why I hate FL. The other reason is that I can not stand the humidity down there, it is absolutely brutal.
A flight attendant once told me she dreads having to work the flights from BOS, JFK, LGA to West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Aruba every winter because of the arrogance and obnoxiousness of the guests heading South for the winter.

I’d be surprised in SC passes it. SC seems to still have a lot of older former dems who switched to GOP in office and they still love govt control. There is a significant difference between older pols and those under 50 with 2A issues, the older ones act a lot more like dems on 2A issues.

A flight attendant once told me she dreads having to work the flights from BOS, JFK, LGA to West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Aruba every winter because of the arrogance and obnoxiousness of the guests heading South for the winter.
You should see the ones heading south from Teterboro.

Cool, cool, cool.

Do NC next. It's been five years and I have to renew my $75 Concealed Weapon Permit
At least your permit will get you NICS exempt. You should try dealing with the NH Gunline. Drive to a far-away dealer, hope they don't fax the checks in, and if so...probably have to make a second trip back to pick it up. Not a big deal for in-town, but forget anything more than a few miles away.

Permitless Carry Is One Step Closer to Becoming Law in Florida — But What Is It?​

The Florida House passed the bill, initially proposed by Speaker Paul Renner, on a 76–32 vote Friday.​

Permitless Carry Is One Step Closer to Becoming Law in Florida — But What Is It?​

The Florida House passed the bill, initially proposed by Speaker Paul Renner, on a 76–32 vote Friday.​

I gotta say, gun owners really need to get out in front of the antis whenever they pull stunts like laying out “… a sea of white roses — one for each person killed by gunfire in the state last year: 2,849.”

It wouldn’t be that difficult to display something symbolic of the number of Americans (in this case Floridians) who are alive and/or unharmed because they were able to defend themselves (or to be defended by) firearms. As we know, the number ALWAYS significantly dwarfs the number of those killed by misuse/ criminal use of firearms.

I gotta say, gun owners really need to get out in front of the antis whenever they pull stunts like laying out “… a sea of white roses — one for each person killed by gunfire in the state last year: 2,849.”

It wouldn’t be that difficult to display something symbolic of the number of Americans (in this case Floridians) who are alive and/or unharmed because they were able to defend themselves (or to be defended by) firearms. As we know, the number ALWAYS significantly dwarfs the number of those killed by misuse/ criminal use of firearms.
Should we like put out 40s for every homie killed

Constitutional Carry in effect since July 1, 2023.

I just got my renewal packet in the mail.

I just got to have the cops finger print me.

I will follow the directions and make sure they do to.

There are more steps than getting prints in Mass.

I'll get a new photo.

I think I'll get one or 2 extra states while I also have Utah.

I like to collect credentials so having a Florida Non-Res would be worth the $100.

Can somebody tell me ALL the perks of having a Florida Non-Res at this time???

I love this guy! Though, sure, the reality might be different than what is portrayed in a 4 minute YouTube video (@Dench has often brought up how schizo FL can be), I did get a good chuckle out of that last bit.
He forgot to mention that it's a felony to CCW without a license 1000 feet from a school zone which is probably half or more of where I live.

For some reason all the "pro 2a" people in FL continue to fail to warn people about this.

Constitutional Carry in effect since July 1, 2023.

I just got my renewal packet in the mail.

I just got to have the cops finger print me.

I will follow the directions and make sure they do to.

There are more steps than getting prints in Mass.

I'll get a new photo.

I think I'll get one or 2 extra states while I also have Utah.

I like to collect credentials so having a Florida Non-Res would be worth the $100.

Can somebody tell me ALL the perks of having a Florida Non-Res at this time???
Is it really Constitutional Carry if you can't open carry as well?

I think this is more theoretical than an actual issue. Of course, I don't want to be the test case.

Anyway, if a state doesn't require a license or permit, isn't the Second Amendment your permit?

More practically, who is going to enforce this? Are the FBI and ATF going to hang around schools and randomly stop people to search them and demand to see permits?

If I have my MA license and am carrying in a state that doesn't require a license, does that cover me?

Seriously, has anyone who was not also arrested for another charge ever been charged with this?

Maybe some of the actual lawyers on the forum can discuss this.

He forgot to mention that it's a felony to CCW without a license 1000 feet from a school zone which is probably half or more of where I live.

For some reason all the "pro 2a" people in FL continue to fail to warn people about this.

I think this is more theoretical than an actual issue. Of course, I don't want to be the test case.

Anyway, if a state doesn't require a license or permit, isn't the Second Amendment your permit?

More practically, who is going to enforce this? Are the FBI and ATF going to hang around schools and randomly stop people to search them and demand to see permits?

If I have my MA license and am carrying in a state that doesn't require a license, does that cover me?

Seriously, has anyone who was not also arrested for another charge ever been charged with this?

Theoretical:
You step out of your apartment building next to a school, walk down the street in front of the school to the 7-11 on the other side to wease the juice. In the process of walking past the school, a FL cop stops you because "you fit the description". Now that .38 roscoe in your pocket has just earned you a pair of matching silver bracelets and a face full of pavement because you believed the hype about permitless CCW.

That's BS. Magical invisible force fields have never stopped a gangbanger from busting caps at a school, why should you, walking innocently down the sidewalk, get jammed up because of it?

These things are better done in person.
I was there on vacation and got an appointment.

It went something like:
In at 8:15, out by 8:40, home by 9:00am - everyone was still in bed.

If I remember correctly, the safety class was an ask, but I think you could also provide proof of other training and hunters ed. I printed all the Steel Challenge and USPSA matches I participated in as well as my hunters ed card. It was way more than enough info, but they took it all.

Funny, I forgot to bring my passport, they said they would Email me to ask for a copy, but they never did. The license arrived in the mail a few weeks later.

It's as simple as would you like to find out? I know I'd rather not. I have a FL ccw. If you have a dd214 you skip the training portion and it's essentialy a tax for the pleasure.

FL gun law sadly continues to suck.

Back
Top Bottom