• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida becomes 26th state to pass permit-less concealed carry - effective 7/1/23

While it's a good step, it is still flawed as it only allows concealed.

This opens the door for cops to f*** with you for the inadvertent coat flip exposing a firearm. Yes, FL law does allow for accidental exposure, but that is only after the cops f*** with you.

FL needs to unf*** themselves and pass real CC.

While it's a good step, it is still flawed as it only allows concealed.

This opens the door for cops to f*** with you for the inadvertent coat flip exposing a firearm. Yes, FL law does allow for accidental exposure, but that is only after the cops f*** with you.

FL needs to unf*** themselves and pass real CC.

I can't imagine FL passing a traditional open carry law anytime soon.

The southeastern states are rabidly anti 2A.

On the plus side, NC finally got rid of their purchase permits this week.

FL is definatly more progun than not, but I think taking the leap to open carry would have low support here. I'd be real concerned about getting dangerous attention from the police here.

FL is definatly more progun than not, but I think taking the leap to open carry would have low support here. I'd be real concerned about getting dangerous attention from the police here.

A state with waiting periods to buy is not a pro gun state.

FL's refusal to allow people to carry firearms only puts their citizens at risk. Not from the criminals, but from the cops.

So im assuming this is gonna make my FL non-resident permit useless as im sure every state that recognized it will now revoke reciprocity..

Curious whether this will apply to non residents since they previously did not give reciprocity to any non-resident permits. I can find any specific info on that. Anyone know?
I duno, constitutional generally means it applies to everyone….

I can't imagine FL passing a traditional open carry law anytime soon.
I agree. Too many folks from MA, NY & NJ moved there and would flip out seeing a gun.
Also agree. IIRC, police down there pull people out of cars for speeding, something we were taught in MA police academies NOT to do!
Neither does this NH man, but my suits tend to be baggy instead of barely buttoned.
Given the climate, I suspect few wear suits on a regular basis in FL.

I agree. Too many folks from MA, NY & NJ moved there and would flip out seeing a gun.

Also agree. IIRC, police down there pull people out of cars for speeding, something we were taught in MA police academies NOT to do!

Given the climate, I suspect few wear suits on a regular basis in FL.
I never understood the states that want to pull people out of the car right off the bat. I always felt it was better to contain them in their vehicle. The same with making people sign tickets, just absurd.

Curious whether this will apply to non residents since they previously did not give reciprocity to any non-resident permits. I can find any specific info on that. Anyone know?
The only constitutional carry state that doesn’t allow permitless carry for non-residents is North Dakota, and they’re currently working on repealing that aspect of the law.

Please stop trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Take the win...it's a big deal.

Quit seeing this from a anti state's perspective and start seeing it from a 2A shall not be infringed perspective.

I've been following the bill elsewhere since pretty much the beginning.

Nobody is saying this isn't a win.

Winning doesn't make this bill any less shitty.

The lack of true constitutional carry will be weaponized by FL police who decide to harass someone for printing and inadvertent exposure.

Those FL residents who decide to use permitless concealed carry will now be subject to pistol waiting periods that their permit (which required training and money) bypassed.

Basically FL gun owners got a kiss from their cousin and that's about it. At least it was a girl cousin.

Back
Top Bottom