Florida Bass Fishing

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I just got back from a couple of days of bass fishing in some small lakes around Winter Haven, FL. In two days, I caught about 20 bass that weighed in the neighborhood of 5 pounds (or more).

Here are a few pics:

bass2.jpg

bass3.jpg

bass6.jpg

bass7.jpg

bass9.jpg

I went with a couple of guys from work, and we went out with some local guides. We're probably going to do it again next year, if anyone wants to go, let me know.

Last edited:
Wow some nice catches you got out there.
Man I was jealous just reading your thread title. I don't fish but I would have golfed everyday you guys were on the boat :)

Thanks for sharing!!

Looks like fun. When I was a kid, some relatives of mine had a pond on their property full of bass. Nothing tastes as good as fresh fish you caught yourself.

I just got back from a couple of days of bass fishing in some small lakes around Winter Haven, FL. In two days, I caught over 20 bass that weighed 5 pounds or more.

Here are a few pics:

bass9.jpg
[/CENTER]

I went with a couple of guys from work, and we went out with some local guides. We're probably going to do it again next year, if anyone wants to go, let me know.

Nice Shiner!

I can imagine the size of Florida shiners. Nothing like using big baits for big fish, especially live baits. Reminds me when I used to fish the Cape ponds and use 4 inch long sunfish for hog smallies.
What did the heaviest bass weigh in at?

Nice fish Jim!!! Those are some beauties!! The biggest one I've caught so far is a 4.5# smallmouth on Newfound lake in NH. Those FL fish look huge.

Nice fish Jim!!! Those are some beauties!! The biggest one I've caught so far is a 4.5# smallmouth on Newfound lake in NH. Those FL fish look huge.

4-1/2 lbs is a lot of smallmouth.

Just for the record, I caught my first big (>3lb) bass on Newfound Lake. One of my elementary school chums had a place up there and I used to go once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom