flip up sights

That's because the $90 ones were designed for actual real rifles. :) The ones at dealextreme aren't even the official PTS magpul airsoft units. For all I know they would work just fine, but I'm not going to assume that. I have read that even Magpul PTS sights have failed on real rifles since it is hard to tell them apart and some people don't realize that magpul has airsoft stuff. I wouldn't use these chinese knock off's on a rifle I may have to rely on.

Ahh, good info. Thanks.

I am glad I bought mine form BCM then. I think they are the real deal. [laugh]

AIM #71L
Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

If you want a real sight, I'm fond of the ARMS.

Dick Swan can go eat a bag of dicks. Saying you like ARMS is saying that you support Martha Coackley.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dic...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I cringe every time I look at my MK11 Mod 0. FTR though, I bought the sight before he donated to Martha Coakley.

On all my rifles, I am using the Troy BattleSight for the rear
Troy BattleSight Rear Folding|Battlerails|Battlesight Accessories|Battlesights|Troy Industries| | Rear

Precision Reflex folding front sight.
Precision Reflex - Product Detail - PRi Rail Mounted Flip Up Front Sight - $115.00

Last edited:
I have troys on one of my AR's, and they are superb.

I am building a lightweight AR with the Zombi lower I purchased through a group buy a while ago, and am probably going to use the magpul MBUS Gen2 sights since they are light, and they seem to work really well, and the pair cost less than one Troy flip up unit. If you bought it from BCM, they are definitely the real deal. :)

Ahh, good info. Thanks.

I am glad I bought mine form BCM then. I think they are the real deal. [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

When you get them sell them on ebay as airsoft units for $30... :)

Last edited:
I can't find his screen name but is avatar is a naked chic pointing a gun at the cam covering her boobs .I think he blocked me after i outed him befor etc cause I don't even see his Post in the walking dead thread any more. Ps he also sells off list guns alot like gen 4 glock for 800$ or so.
Hope it helps. .
I texted colddayinhell after buying them cause the logo was in a different spot then the gen 2 photos he posted.
I pmed asking him wtf more or less. I was new to ar's btw. He said he was selling them for a friend that bought them at a rang ???? He stoped replying to me after that .

I know where he works now lol

I can't find his screen name but is avatar is a naked chic pointing a gun at the cam covering her boobs .I think he blocked me after i outed him befor etc cause I don't even see his Post in the walking dead thread any more. Ps he also sells off list guns alot like gen 4 glock for 800$ or so.
Hope it helps. .
I texted colddayinhell after buying them cause the logo was in a different spot then the gen 2 photos he posted.
I pmed asking him wtf more or less. I was new to ar's btw. He said he was selling them for a friend that bought them at a rang ???? He stoped replying to me after that .

I'll find him [wink]

Hope it helps. .

I think I may have an idea who you talking about.

You realize that these are chinese knock off's of Magpul MBUS intended for airsoft yes?

Absolutely. Thats why I asked the OP if they were a fashion accessory or he actually intended to use them.

90% of the BUIS on ARs are fashion accessories. They are range guns and will never be used "in anger".
The height of this . . obsession. . that I observed was when people were discussing putting BUIS on their Lage/M11 machine guns. These firearms are pure toys.

So anyway. I think you get my point.

Don

TheSaw One thought on the aimpoint. I took a carbine class where the instructor had all of us who were using Aimpoints (I have a Micro T1) turn them off and then engage targets out to 50 yards by doing nothing more than centering the target in the tube. You wouldn't believe how effective it is. It was a definite learning experience.

Hope it helps. .

josei(and numbers), yeah he's a prick.

Lolololololololol

Thank you . I think he blocked me for sure or changed names.

Yeah looks like his username isn't listed on NES anymore. I had talked to him a while back about buying an XDS off him but it never came to fruition. Good for me though, since I ended up getting one NIB for a couple hundred cheaper. Like you said, he has an "inside guy" that gets him all his off-list guns and he turns around and sells them.

Anyways, back on topic - I like my Magpul MBUS gen 2 sights just fine, no complaints - especially for the price.

Do you intend to actually use them. Or they a fashion accessory?

If its primarily a fashion accessory, how's $11.30 for front and rear . . . shipped??

Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Front + Rear Flip-Up Sights Set - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Don't laugh. I have them on my .22 AR. They actually work fine.

If you want a real sight, I'm fond of the ARMS.

Don

thanks for the link, I'm gonna throw a set of these on my 15-22. Knock of our not, I bet the work fine on it.

Enlighten me on this. All I know is I like my sight.

Contributions to Coakley from ARMS and Dicky Boy.
Bank Report (Days 1-15)
Martha Coakley
9/1/08 - 9/15/08
Filed By: Citizens Bank

Check Swan, Richard 171 West St East Bridgewater, MA 02333 CEO Alantic Research Marketing System $500.00
Check Swan, Sharon 171 West St East Bridgewater, MA 02333 VP Alantic Research Marketing System $500.00

Back
Top Bottom